TM 1 form

Have the hours reduced for managers, gov website still says 8 hrs min. On the form it asks for licence
number but as a new application i dont have one, thoughts please.

Yes I believe the TM hours Guidelines have been reduced I’m sure a search will find them.

As you’ll be sending it with your new application I’m sure they’ll work it out, or you could put that on the TM1 form.

Everything you need is here :

gov.uk/government/publicati … directions

Always worth keeping an eye out at the beginning of year for new guidance documents.

Guidance on hours has been reduced recently but no harm in quoting 8 still. Couple of hours per day 4 days a week.

Licence No. boxes are for you to specify any other Licences on which you are the nominated CPC holder. If this is your first or only just leave them blank.

If i put 8 hours, that would leave me 40 hours week to work, or am i missing something.

That is what I put. 40h week driving and 8h on TM ing. When they got it they asked me to send a statement explaining how I thought I would have time to drive the truck and be the TM.

They were ok with what I wrote. I get the impression they are keen for you to demonstrate that you have given the timings some thought.

I am on daily multi drop though so easy to show I am far from maxing out my driving hours.

Looooo:
That is what I put. 40h week driving and 8h on TM ing. When they got it they asked me to send a statement explaining how I thought I would have time to drive the truck and be the TM.

They were ok with what I wrote. I get the impression they are keen for you to demonstrate that you have given the timings some thought.

I am on daily multi drop though so easy to show I am far from maxing out my driving hours.

TM1 form does not ask you who is driving your truck whether is you or someone else.
9. “List all other permanent or regular employment”…you can leave that section blanked or simply write N/A so that would save you some additional explanations :bulb:

The hours required for external TM have been reduced from 8 to 4 p/w so by the law is perfectly ok if you state that you spend 4h p/w on your TM duties.

HokayT:
TM1 form does not ask you who is driving your truck whether is you or someone else.
9. “List all other permanent or regular employment”…you can leave that section blanked or simply write N/A so that would save you some additional explanations :bulb:

Fair point, you could always be economical with the truth… though claiming 4 h as your only permanent or regular employment, particularly if your name is also on the Operator app. might also require some explanation. :bulb: