TK Maxx Hatfield

Hi everyone,and may I firstly,wish yourselves and your families a happy Xmas,and a prosperous New year when it finally arrives.

I am in class 1 ,full time employment,and wish to stay that way for a while,although,today I registered with an agency ,with regards to working one Saturday every couple of weeks.As everyone know,agencies pay good Karn at weekends for C+E drivers in the Home Counties and Greater London areas.

One of the contracts that they have won is due to start in the new year.They reckon there will be loads of work going, and Full-time as well.(something I have heard before from an agy which never fulfills its promise).Anyway,the firm is TK Maxx based in Hatfield.I’m sure some of you may have seen them.They run new(ish) (X) plate Volvo FH 12s,and run red,high cube Trailers,probably 16 '6. Have any of you worked for them before ,either in house or on the agency? I presume it’s run in house or do Wincantons or Tibbett and Britten run the Transport side for them?As I know they are the main players in this region with regards to Clothing deliveries.

Also does anyone know if the job would be Trunking or store delivery,and how are those big trailers unloaded? By the driver on his todd with somebody on the backdoor? Sorry for the 20 questions,but I am very keen to know,as this could be a way for me to get on permanent agency and earn some good cosh,and have the freedom to pick and choose the days and times I want to work.It’s going to be one day every now and again,until March,when things hot up again at Easter time.Thanks a lot for any replies.

Cheers,Glenn.

We have been taking loads from Basildon to their depots!! I took a load up to Newcastle U Lyme just yesterday! I should imagine it is store deliveries you will be doing but can’t help you any further!!

The times ive had the misfortune to be at a TK Maxx place ive only ever seen agency drivers drop trailer and pick another one up, Stoke and Wakefield have shunter so they do it, besides if you were tippin you wouldn’t be doing much driving, longest ive ever been at Stoke is 25 hrs!, tho i think a Pole holds the record, was told they held one for 5 days unloading him, makes the likes of safeways et all look good
sdj