TJ Morris (Home Bargains)

I delivered in to TJ Morris yesterday and noticed they were looking for drivers… Does anybody know what the job is like?? ie- shift patterns/ money/ hours n such…

Well look what the cat dragged in ! Andy as ar as I know the money is roughly average/slight more than £8 an hour but you don’t seem to do all the hours we do, also think it’s 4 on 4 off too

£10 an hour on days 42 hours a week plus overtime. £33000 on nights the advert said.

Usual store delivery stuff…good kit…days average take home £400 ish depending on start times shift ect can rise to £500…used to be a very good company to work for…ie drivers were looked after and respected…not so much now.The bigger they get the less you’re noticed.Still an easy job though,clock on pick up your keys do your runs clock off and go home :laughing: .btw i worked there for 19 years :blush:

Sounds ok to be fair… Is there plenty of overtime as I’d prob need £400 in the bank every week■■? It sounds a much better life than what we r on at the min…
Evening Mark… U ok mate??

All new starters are on a any 5 from 7 contract so expect to work every weekend, £10.40 per hour and time and a half after 8 hours, Sat, Sun time and a half, as jordoe220 says decent kit typical supermarket delivery work, everything on cages no nights out so home every night,never maxed out on hours and strictly legal. Days are normally 9 to 12 hours depending on what run you are on, for example 1 or 2 drops in the north east or 3 or 4 locals, btw I’ve been there over 3 years :blush:

they are building a new rdc in bristol which will serve the south wales and west also outer london area,heard it will be up and running in 18 month’s.

if you work as a subby haulier for them the money is no where near £10.40 per hour! easy work though, keeps you fit but don’t expect a weekend off for a while. go to work clean, come back clean. no greasy tipper hoses to wrestle with! and you get a uniform etc.

Worked there as an agency driver for a short time,but cage pushing is not my thing tbh ( i’m small and not very fit :blush: ) but the kit is decent,you were never pushed to the max on anything and i found the drivers are all helpful.

I have been told they are putting a RDC at Amsbury next to Wisemans depot??

Anybody know for sure?

There are plans to build an rdc in the south but I’m not sure where about it will be, they want to break into London and the South West so they will need somewhere along the M4 corridor. There are already a few shops in the Essex area but these are done by contractors.

They could also do with an rdc up towards Scotland as there are already a few shops up there, again done by contractors (too far for us day drivers as we like to be tucked up in our own beds at night with teddy)

At the end of the day They have a successful business model and the infrastructure and can open a shop anywhere and know it will be in profit immediately

the rdc is definetly going to be in bristol roy,they had the planning permission granted.

So to sum up nobody really has a bad word to say about them… The only draw back I can see is working weekends… I’m not sure I’d fancy working both Sat and Sun every week but I suppose if that’s the way to get in then needs must… I think I’ll give them a bell for a chat…