"tizer bottles"

Of course I know what your getting at Lucy, my point is simple

People complain about layby’s stinking of pee leaving it in the bottle stops it stinking the place out and yes I do think its still wrong.

Councils dont provide facilities

People pee in bottles

People dispose of said bottles albeit with lack of consideration to others who have to clean up after them,

But why criticise something that the councils have forced into being themselves by taking away the toilets in the first place?

For example, in the early 1980’s there were over 35 public toilets located in the Gateshead area, now there are less than 5 sited in town centres where there are no parking facilities for trucks or cars to allow visitors in the area access to them.

I’m not saying its right to pee in a bottle and throw it out, I’m simply saying if the councils are not prepared to offer public toilets then they reap what they sow.

You have to admit that Tizer bottles have always been around BUT are more common now than back in the pre 1980’s when all major towns and city’s had public toilets available.

My comment was intended for the Original post about bottles on the roadside, there is simply no excuse other than bone idleness for those who pee in areas where toilets are available within a short walking distance.

Over here we dont have many public toilets either but, we do have lots of bushes and verges, travelling from Sofia to our place a distance of 230 km you regularly see drivers standing in the bushes taking a leak, however, there are also lots of service stations / roadside cafes / pubs etc where there is no objection to you simply using the loo.

I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that in 18 months I have never seen a Tizer bottle over here, although I admit I am in a car and not in a truck so my view may be restricted, so much for dirty estern europeans as some like to call them on this site.

The UK authoritys have allowed the problem to get worse in an effort to save a few quid, and with drivers pushed to the limit to a point that they dont have time to ■■■■ let alone take a leak unless its into a bottle and yes I still agree its wrong and at the end of the day can only come down to the individuals mentality.

It can never be justified but at the same time everyone has to pee at some time through the day.

I am sorry, it is still excuses, maybe the councils have closed toilets, but in their place, there are hundreds of roadside garages, service areas and supermarkets, many of which are open 24 hours, the majority offer toilets.

As a truck driver we are encouraged to keep out of town centres and villages except when we are delivering, but most of the villages around me have at at least one public toilet kept clean by the lengthsman, the problem with these is they are locked at night, so peeing in a bottle is still an option, and then empty it the next morning down a storm drain next to the wheel.

And I am fat and bone idle, and I am now revolting about dirty zb ■■■■■■■ on the tarmac :stuck_out_tongue:

Davey Driver:
Of course I know what your getting at Lucy, my point is simple

People complain about layby’s stinking of pee leaving it in the bottle stops it stinking the place out and yes I do think its still wrong.

It doesn’t stink the place out if you tip the ■■■■ in the undergrowth where it can soak away, or down the drain at the side of the road. Leaving it in the bottle is just idle.

Councils dont provide facilities

People pee in bottles

And when there are facilities, people can’t be bothered to use them. Ok, in the middle of the night then fine - even women have solutions to that. But that doesn’t mean they leave the solutions and their contents lying about for someone else to deal with.

People dispose of said bottles albeit with lack of consideration to others who have to clean up after them,

But why criticise something that the councils have forced into being themselves by taking away the toilets in the first place?

How on earth does councils failing to provide toilets force people to hoy bottles of ■■■■ out of the window■■?

For example, in the early 1980’s there were over 35 public toilets located in the Gateshead area, now there are less than 5 sited in town centres where there are no parking facilities for trucks or cars to allow visitors in the area access to them.

There are plenty of garages and service areas trucks CAN get to, though. :unamused:

I’m not saying its right to pee in a bottle and throw it out, I’m simply saying if the councils are not prepared to offer public toilets then they reap what they sow.

Nope, not buying it. How about those who do it simply take responsibility for their actions rather than blaming the council for the fact they are grotty buggers. See point repeatedly made above that most of these animals don’t use facilities when they are provided.

You have to admit that Tizer bottles have always been around BUT are more common now than back in the pre 1980’s when all major towns and city’s had public toilets available.

That has more to do with attitudes changing that it has to do with public toilets. After all, it was the repeated vandalism of those toilets that caused them to be shut in the first place, another symptom of the same thing.

My comment was intended for the Original post about bottles on the roadside, there is simply no excuse other than bone idleness for those who pee in areas where toilets are available within a short walking distance.

There’s no excuse other than bone idleness for those who fling bottles full of ■■■■ at the side of the road rather than emptying them then using a bin, either. Not one.

Over here we dont have many public toilets either but, we do have lots of bushes and verges, travelling from Sofia to our place a distance of 230 km you regularly see drivers standing in the bushes taking a leak, however, there are also lots of service stations / roadside cafes / pubs etc where there is no objection to you simply using the loo.

So they don’t sling bottles about there, then. Good. Time the British followed their example. Nothing whatsoever wrong with peeing in the bushes where it drains away as nature intended.

I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that in 18 months I have never seen a Tizer bottle over here, although I admit I am in a car and not in a truck so my view may be restricted, so much for dirty estern europeans as some like to call them on this site.

Agreed. I’ve been banging that drum for years.

The UK authoritys have allowed the problem to get worse in an effort to save a few quid, and with drivers pushed to the limit to a point that they dont have time to ■■■■ let alone take a leak unless its into a bottle and yes I still agree its wrong and at the end of the day can only come down to the individuals mentality.

The individuals’ stinking, grotty, disgusting mentality, correct.

It can never be justified but at the same time everyone has to pee at some time through the day.

Which brings us neatly full circle, because they don’t ever have to chuck it out at random still inside the plastic bottle, which is what this thread is about.

Lucy:
That doesn’t mean you have to ■■■■ in a bottle then hoy it out of the window though, does it? I mean, let’s face it, I don’t… :unamused: :confused: :neutral_face:

If you did I wouldn’t know whether to be disgusted or impressed at your aim :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

billybigrig:

Lucy:
That doesn’t mean you have to ■■■■ in a bottle then hoy it out of the window though, does it? I mean, let’s face it, I don’t… :unamused: :confused: :neutral_face:

If you did I wouldn’t know whether to be disgusted or impressed at your aim :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i just dont get the peeing in a bottle thing. what is wrong with pulling your trousers and jacket on, putting your boots on and getting out of the cab in the middle of the night?

happysack:
i just dont get the peeing in a bottle thing. what is wrong with pulling your trousers and jacket on, putting your boots on and getting out of the cab in the middle of the night?

Because several truckstops lock up everything as soon as the bar shuts leaving you no option but to get “creative”

happysack:

A bottle does come in useful if you are parked in a town centre or in the centre of Paris overnight, but it is easy to empty and rinse out. I always tried to be parked at my drop and the first job in the morning was find the toilets, most would let you use them even in a posh reception area.

peirre:

happysack:

Because several truckstops lock up everything as soon as the bar shuts leaving you no option but to get “creative”

but i wouldnt pee in the living room/kitchen/bedroom at home, so why do it in your cab?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

trailor park boys…brilliant.
just yur average canadian ,well out here in the sticks anyway.
jimmy
:laughing: :laughing:

happysack:

peirre:

happysack:

but i wouldnt pee in the living room/kitchen/bedroom at home, so why do it in your cab?

Well thank god you don’t live in a caravan like me mate i have to everything in the same room ! But at least I can say I have an en suite facility . Are you really telling me you have never had a ■■■■ in the sink whilst the dishes are piling up ? Come on every bloke has done that surely ! Haven’t they ?

happysack:

peirre:

happysack:

Well I wouldn’t cook in my bedroom at home either so that analogy doesn’t stand up.