Titan, West Thurrock

been given a 28 day closure notice, after a 2000 sig petition by local residents :open_mouth:
Been operating for 3 yrs without planning permission.
Council ignored pleas for Titan to put in retrospective planning permission :unamused:
Residents gonna have something to really moan about when trucks start parkin up where ever they can.

romulas:
been given a 28 day closure notice, after a 2000 sig petition by local residents :open_mouth:
Been operating for 3 yrs without planning permission.
Council ignored pleas for Titan to put in retrospective planning permission :unamused:

Planning permission for what? It was never what you would or could call a truck stop. Every time i ever went there i never got in, i was told it was contracted parking with limited spaces for the passing Joe Egg. No facilities there either, well maybe a bog. So, what have they been operating as for the last three years?

romulas:
Residents gonna have something to really moan about when trucks start parkin up where ever they can.

They do anyway, you live near there you should know that. The only people that closure will affect is mainly the people who paid Titan for long term contract parking.
Although i’d agree its a pretty short sighted view by the local council to close it and does only harm, the fact is that as far as truckstops go, Titan will not be on the missed list by many drivers. Mostly because you can’t get to stop on it !!

Ah well, I only parked there once. Nice, well lit, secure parking area but the facilities were junk and it wasn’t cheap either!!

Bring back Truckworld & the strippers :laughing:

I havent stopped there since it was a knocking shop and find Grays with the wooden hut much more secure, 3 pubs, a chinese and a chip shop too.

Wheel Nut:
I havent stopped there since it was a knocking shop and find Grays with the wooden hut much more secure, 3 pubs, a chinese and a chip shop too.

Where was the chinese and the chippy? I never seen them.

Wheel Nut:

were is the one in grays i stop at titan at least twice a week so will be needing a new place to park by the sounds of it

Lorry Park opposite and Behind Harris Daf.

10 minutes walk to Rabbits, chippy and chinese, or straight opposite for the ship

Driveroneuk:

:grimacing:

Goaty:

Driveroneuk:

:grimacing:

x2

That’s just it there has never been a petition about trucks parkin everywhere, only the Globe Ind Est in Grays,which doesn’t affect these residents.
They spouting about the danger to life and the impact on the enviroument that all the trucks, goin through the area to park up, have.Talkin rollocks seein as that section of London Road ,that is residential, has a 7.5t restriction :open_mouth: No mention of all the trucks comin and goin to Proctor and gamble, the royal mail depot or the co-op :unamused:
Althouh I live near by I thought Titan was used more :blush: I know the Cabin is very popular, is that next :open_mouth: I bet they are lookin into it :wink:
I am wondering why the residents and the council :unamused: have taken 3 years to realise Titan didnt have planning permission, exactly for what I am unsure,it hasn’t been highlighted :exclamation:
Wheelnut the Chinese in london road has now closed. :frowning:

A section from my local rag;

Leader of PAL, Seamus McCarthy, 50 said: “This is a blatant disregard for the planning laws and the council. I really believe our petition has forced the council’s arm in this, and that is why it is finally being looked at.

“I got involved with this campaign because my grandson might be going to West Thurrock Primary which is right near this lorry park, the emissions from these lorries is too high and it is very unhealthy for the children going to school nearby. :unamused:

The original story;

Print Email Share Comments(4)

MORE than 1,500 West Thurrock residents have supported a petition demonstrating against the Titan Lorry Park.

Campaign group Parents Against Lorries, headed by Denise Kerage and Shamus McCarthy, have put together the petition to persuade Thurrock Council to issue an enforcement notice on the park.

Titan Lorry Park, in Oliver Road, West Thurrock, has been operated by the Industrial Chemical Group for four years — without permission.

Denise Kerage said: “We want the council to close down the illegal lorry park at the old West Thurrock Power Station site, removing this blight on the lives of residents.

“We also hope a fatality will be avoided while this illegal site remains unregularised.

“The already high levels of pollution will be made worse by the council allowing the lorry park.” The latest petition by the campaign group took only eight days to form.

Denise added: “Only last year Cllr Oliver Gerrish highlighted the fact that London Road and the surrounding area has three times the normal levels of HGV traffic and twice the national average level of pollution for industrial areas.”

Residents had a meeting with Cllr Gerrish last month to discuss the problem.

A spokesman for Thurrock Council said: “The petition will be presented to council and referred to the planning committee.

“The key tests of whether enforcement action is necessary is whether, on the balance of probability, there has been ‘demonstrable harm’ caused.

“Until recently there had been no complaints about the West Thurrock Power Station site.”

The petition will be handed to a full council meeting on Wednesday, September 15.

romulas:
I am wondering why the residents and the council :unamused: have taken 3 years to realise Titan didnt have planning permission, exactly for what I am unsure,it hasn’t been highlighted :exclamation:
Wheelnut the Chinese in london road has now closed. :frowning:

A section from my local rag;

Leader of PAL, Seamus McCarthy, 50 said: “This is a blatant disregard for the planning laws and the council. I really believe our petition has forced the council’s arm in this, and that is why it is finally being looked at.

“I got involved with this campaign because my grandson might be going to West Thurrock Primary which is right near this lorry park, the emissions from these lorries is too high and it is very unhealthy for the children going to school nearby. :unamused:

Just goes to show what the residents do know, the lorry park that Seamus has got closed is next door to nowhere, especially not a primary school. I reckon the Liffey waters have puddled his brain. A common view of Joe Public about truck emissions, especially when they live next door to Van Ommeren, a fuel dump likely to explode and blow London off the map. They also live next door to the Queen Elizabeth Bridge that has thousands of idling carcinogenic lorries waiting to pay the toll while Joe Public fumbles in his pocket for loose change.

So lets be consistent Seamus and maybe you should have a walk down Oliver Road and see where it is. Go past the Cabin, over the bridge, past Hedley Avenue where P&G is and around the corner and it is up there on your left, in the middle of nowhere almost opposite the Co-Op depot.

Romulus, the chinese restaurant was on a hiding to nothing, all you can eat for a tenner with 10 or 15 hungry drivers weekended at the cabin :stuck_out_tongue:

The blue signifies what Seamus McCarthy classes as nearby and next door to :wink:

thanks wheelnut ive been to them pubs a few years back when i worked from lefarge didnt no about that truckstop though google maps is a god send, dunno why residents would moan about titan though because its on that factory site and no houses near by but such is life

What a BOCs :unamused:

I was going to launch a tirade, along the lines of ‘Hey dumbass the lorries are parked up so they’re not hurting traffic or polluting anything’ or ‘I take it that none of the members of PAL buy anything that the nasty lorries deliver into the shops’ but I can’t because I have an overwhelming urge to inflict excessive amounts of violence upon Mssrs McCarthy and Kerage :smiling_imp:

What’s the big deal anyway? The area is a karzi, with or without a lorry park :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
Just goes to show what the residents do know, the lorry park that Seamus has got closed is next door to nowhere, especially not a primary school. I reckon the Liffey waters have puddled his brain. A common view of Joe Public about truck emissions, especially when they live next door to Van Ommeren, a fuel dump likely to explode and blow London off the map. They also live next door to the Queen Elizabeth Bridge that has thousands of idling carcinogenic lorries waiting to pay the toll while Joe Public fumbles in his pocket for loose change.

So lets be consistent Seamus and maybe you should have a walk down Oliver Road and see where it is. Go past the Cabin, over the bridge, past Hedley Avenue where P&G is and around the corner and it is up there on your left, in the middle of nowhere almost opposite the Co-Op depot.

Romulus, the chinese restaurant was on a hiding to nothing, all you can eat for a tenner with 10 or 15 hungry drivers weekended at the cabin :stuck_out_tongue:

The blue signifies what Seamus McCarthy classes as nearby and next door to :wink:

I’ve just looked it up on Google Maps, because I thought it was in a different place than I first thought, it’s not Oliver Road is a massive industrial area. Truck park or not they’ll still have loads of trucks going to the area.

Personally I would have thought for most sensible people it would have been the ideal area to stick a load of trucks.

That chinese was burnt down about six weeks ago.
The rest are still there although they are a good walk from Titan, wont be a problem soon by the sounds of it.
Think this group have got it wrong, the problem seems to have been trucks going past the school ignoring the weight limit, mainly foreigners.

The fish shop is one of the best around big portions. Looking at the clientel that goes in the rabbit pub, I’d give that place a wide berth.The people round this place want to worry more about the cars racing up and down Oliver road on a sat/sunday night, before they worry about trucks parked up minding there own business.

gazzah:
The fish shop is one of the best around big portions. Looking at the clientel that goes in the rabbit pub, I’d give that place a wide berth.The people round this place want to worry more about the cars racing up and down Oliver road on a sat/sunday night, before they worry about trucks parked up minding there own business.

Agreed, chip shop is one of the best :smiley:
With regards Oliver Road …Speed Humps are on the way!!!

It may not have been the best or even near decent but it was safe and secure. Surely the answer to residents complaints is to stop all trucks entering the area. Im sure they would nt like it when theire local shops pubs and businesses run out? Oh and you could include all deliveries into Lakeside? Then ask them if they mind lorries?