Tir cord vulnerability?

Bear with me on this chaps, I’m working on an idea. How often is the tir cord closed and sealed on trailers coming over the channel, and is it any sort of deterent to illegals getting in? How about on box trailers - how often are they locked / sealed before approaching Calais? It’s an idea I’ve been playing with for a while, and want to try out an idea or two, but want to make sure I’m in the right lines.

Also, if the load compartment was fully secured, what other areas are vulnerable?

Thanks for your help

Gary

A TIR cord on a euroliner is pretty much useless, as they are known to throw a ratchet strap over the roof and pull down both sides in the middle, the roof bends and the buckles can be unhooked with the TIR cord intact, they then re secure the curtain once your unknown cargo is on board,

The cords can be cut and glued ,likewise for any security seals used, One fridges /boxes they are also known to of cut padlocks even the bulldog type locks are not immune , although they may buy you more time,

Other areas are underneath the Trl, Axles or pallet stowage , even above the air deflectors on your cab ,anywhere that’s accessible to them really

Thanks for the reply, it’s the cutting and gluing that I’m thinking about, but it’s gonna be a non-starter if you can get around that :frowning:

Well they are desperate, so desperate measures are needed to prevent/deter them if that is actually possible

In years go past we had stuff coming in from Iran by road. the drivers had these smoke bomb fumigation things they used to throw in the back killing bugs etc … still had the odd snake . spider and scorpion get through though

nick2008:
In years go past we had stuff coming in from Iran by road. the drivers had these smoke bomb fumigation things they used to throw in the back killing bugs etc … still had the odd snake . spider and scorpion get through though

Excellent idea!!! :laughing: :laughing: You can just picture the pro immigration lobby wringing their hands, wailing away, saying "Ahh, but what about their “Human Rights”■■ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

As well as a seal, i used to put a cable tie thru the ends of the cord, pull it tight then snip it so there was no excess, you would never be able to glue that back together, so you would know you had a problem when you checked it and it was gone.