Tips on roadsweepers

I have a couple of weeks work coming up for a plant company in Bath, does anyone have any experience of driving these? (2 steering wheel jobby). any tips would be great.

Frank

Allways fancied a go at driving one!

When I did a stint at a local Council yard the only people that got chance to drive them, was the blue eyed brought a Apple for the boss mob! :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

The problem was is emptying them!!! take plenty of waterproofs with you! :wink:

Always wondered about these 2 wheel steering “jobbies” if you had a mate with you and you had an accident ,how would “old bill” know who was driving??.
regards derek

done a bit of road sweeping and runway sweeping when i was in the airforce. :open_mouth: done a bit of everything in that job.
road sweepers.
not all have two steering wheels, most are left hookers. obviously this is so you are sat next to the kerb.
the front bit. 1 large hoover powered by a donkey engine, usually ran on red diesel in a seperate tank.
the back bit is a mini tipper.
in the cab will be buttons that power the brushes. 1 main one underneath and a kerbside rorary brush. if the truck is left and right hand drive it will probably have two kerb brushes.(stands to reason).
you might find it has a button for a magnet also. rare but some road sweepers have them.
and 1 for the water spray also.
now the tipper bit works like most tippers of a pto. the controls can be either in the cab or at the back of the truck on the side.
keep an eye in your mirrors, and dont get to close to parked cars.
the slower you go the better the job gets done :wink:

Thanks for the replies and info, the hours and pay looks ok for permanent days so I will give it a go