Tipping point

Javiatrix:
Random question - why aren’t people keen on supermarkets?

Honestly, it’s the easiest job I’ve ever had - collections are always the same location as the tip (collect their cages etc), wage is decent, and seem to spend a lot of time playing games on my phone! Most drops I’ve ever had in a day was 3, with no collections… Maybe it’s just me but unless it was fuel tanker work etc, I think I’d struggle to find an excuse to leave this sector!

a lot of drivers only want to be a driver. Some don’t like weekend shifts too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone want my job, going to pack in, moved back to Scotland, so, not ideal, based in Thurrock, I fly down, do two weeks and fly back, getting fed up with the travel.
The job is, hi-ab truck, Daf ssc, microwave and fridge, mon to fri, average 60 hours, 4 nights out, could be from Cornwall to Hull, wages always in bank, moving containers. If you do 65 hours, the wage is a grand a week.
You just have to be a very good driver, don’t have to have the ticket, he’ll put you through that, crane experience a bonus, but common sense a lot more important, pm me, got three weeks and I’m off.

Sapper

raymundo:
^^ I like that programme … :slight_smile:

I do - but I prefer the Chase !!

I reckon being able to pick my own hours patterns is at the top of my preferences list, that along with an acceptable hourly rate of course.

I’d rather do 3-4 long shifts than 5 or 6 shorter ones. More days off, more overtime, and less time and expense commuting. :wink:

Looking for 4x night shifts starting between 16:00 and 20:00 for 12 hours, any days providing they are together, and known in advance. :neutral_face:

Had a few driving jobs that were solely based inside the M25 with alot of inner London work, good pay but the constant stress of long hours, heavy traffic, London idiots etc took their toll on my health and social life.

Have since moved to the coast doing the same job locally, less hours no traffic and no stress just plodding along. Wages are about half what I used to earn but my health has definitely improved and I find myself enjoying life more. Money isn’t everything.

Winseer:
I reckon being able to pick my own hours patterns is at the top of my preferences list, that along with an acceptable hourly rate of course.

I’d rather do 3-4 long shifts than 5 or 6 shorter ones. More days off, more overtime, and less time and expense commuting. :wink:

Looking for 4x night shifts starting between 16:00 and 20:00 for 12 hours, any days providing they are together, and known in advance. :neutral_face:

4 on 4 off then !! That’s certainly my preferred option.

kjw21:
It’s been said before by a few - if a supermarket RDC (one of the big four) opened near me I’d be in like Flynn but there is zero chance due to where I live.

I used to say that, until such a thing did happen. Couldn’t believe my luck, an easy 45 hour a week job on my doorstep doing retail deliveries to a well known chain.

Then I started. Day 1 and I was drowning in H&S risk assessments, ■■■■ site rules, drawn out procedures mucking about with seals when leaving & returning to site, hanging around in the canteens for ages waiting for runs. Then as time went on, finding out driver trainers were spying on me at drops and then disciplined for not using a ‘cage safety strap’ on the tail lift for a cage of bog rolls, getting out of bed at 3am on Saturdays & Sundays started to ■■■■ me off, same as working bank hols as a matter of course and been bored to tears by clueless ‘debrief clerks’ every shift.

I lasted 3 months then went and got a job on general haulage where I have been ever since and much happier. No doubt there are better & more relaxed supermarket jobs out there but the experience certainly put me off.

I have an Aldi RDC 8 miles away and I reckon i’d enjoy that work, just not the 5 on/3 off shift pattern :confused:

I think sewage tankers have gotta be up there! Place local to me pays 12 to 13 quid an hour but you gotta have one hell of good nose on ya cus knee deep in ■■■■… I myself have been on a bit of a journey of late but without starting a whole new thread I’d say small local firms are the best to work for but each to there own I suppose

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

raymundo:
^^ I like that programme … :slight_smile:

Trouble is its on every day of the week ohh and at weekends lol