Tipping a box, Canadian style!

From my brother-in-law, currently working in in La Pas, Manitoba.

Hope the driver remembered to secure all the loose gear in the cab!

Yep, imagine sitting in the waiting room going “■■■■, I left the lid off my flask”

Imagine being left in the cab by mistake. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it happens peterm but only the once …cough cough. :smiley:

Sidevalve:
From my brother-in-law, currently working in in La Pas, Manitoba.

Hope the driver remembered to secure all the loose gear in the cab!

Tsco delivery?

Sure they used to have a similar setup at Bury St Edmund’s beet factory for the farmers who didn’t like to pay for tipping gear and just put gate sides on a flatbed.

That’s how they tipped at Cargills on hull dock years ago but stopped it when iir bags got more popular on trailers made everyone get tipping gear

Sidevalve:

Engage crawler gear and aim for the moon…

It could be the all new space shuttle, they are the two booster rockets behind it.

Bluey Circles:
It could be the all new space shuttle, they are the two booster rockets behind it.

:laughing: Is it limited to 52 ?

That’s at Tolko, massive paper plant and it has one loading dock for finished product! Although it ships most of its stuff on trains, I loaded there a few months ago.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Common practice all over Canada not just Manitoba,system is used with most wood pulp or bulk loads.

Donnyboy:
That’s how they tipped at Cargills on hull dock years ago but stopped it when iir bags got more popular on trailers made everyone get tipping gear

And they instructed you NOT to put the parking brake on if i recall correctly… :open_mouth:

I’d want to stay in the cab, what an experience… [emoji14]

Does the engine oil etc not leak out??

It’s a sealed unit and the oil is pumped around the engine at up to 60psi, so I reckon there’s a good chance it will stay where it belongs.

They also unload potatoes like that at crisp factories, out of fridge trailers not bulkers, they usually drop the trailers though, possibly to avoid all the stuff in the cabs getting dislodged.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Evil the guys who used it at Bury beet said you only stayed in once cos it was murder cleaning the sh** out of the back of the cab and I don’t think they were meaning the rubbish off the dash! Apparently they used a high pressure hose to wash the beet out of the trailer.

newmercman:
That’s at Tolko, massive paper plant and it has one loading dock for finished product! Although it ships most of its stuff on trains, I loaded there a few months ago.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

That’s right. my brother-in-law used to work for E.C. Eddy in Ottawa, now works for Honeywell so he got sent up there on a two-year contract because of his previous experience in the paper industry. I’m currently planning a trip over there to see him next year, involving a 4-day train journey; could fly to Winnipeg but I’m into railways and I can’t think of a better way to see Canada.

Sounds like a great trip Sidevalve.

My mate’s parents went on the train that runs through the mountains, they said it was an awesome experience.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk