tippers

old tippers still making a pound

tippertom:
old tippers still making a pound

you get more if you turn em in for scrap :wink:
come on then TT what we gonna talk about then :sunglasses:

Veteran haulier Dave Morris from Pembridge,Herefordshire is still using this 1990 Leyland Constructer.

What sort of trailer is that in the middle picture?

gerard:
What sort of trailer is that in the middle picture?

Looks to me like a “meiller kipper” German trailer…I might well be wrong but used to pull one while back, very high on the chassis.

How does it work?.

its a pomier ejector trailer. French made, O'Connors have three of them. instead of the ram being vertical behind the cab it lies horizontal and pushes the spoil out, A lot more stable than a normal artic tipper.

Do they jam up much and how do they compare weight wise to a tipping half pipe trailer.

kr79:
Do they jam up much and how do they compare weight wise to a tipping half pipe trailer.

Theyve never jammed up ,they are heavier than a normal artic tipper, but can deliver to all sites the amount of times weve gone too a site to be told artic tippers not allowed, then try to explain that they don't tip, the look of confusion on there faces when you try and explain how they work.

the new way of muck shifting bet there not cheaplook a good tool

tippertom:
the new way of muck shifting bet there not cheaplook a good tool

they were bought from Alfred mcAlpine,(ampl)/ (carillion) they were only ever used off road when they built the m6 toll road construction.were they used to haul concrete . then they were parked up for many years in mcAlpines yard in chester, and that’s where o`connors bought them. I think frizzell bought 2 but sold them on before they used them.

Just the same technology as your average dustcart got to be safer than a tipper box rocking about 30ft up eh. Eddie.

kazmiks:

Love this looks like it was made for me :laughing: where is the company from

irish lorries:

kazmiks:

Love this looks like it was made for me :laughing: where is the company from

irlam Manchester.

What gross weight can those push-off trailers run at? They don’t look anywhere near the 8 metres king pin to rear axle needed for 44 tonnes. But photos can be deceptive.

good tool but you would want a good tip to get over with one or a space made just for them to discharge
few years old then if they worked on m6 toll

Tarmac had a similar discharge system in the 1950’s on Fordson Thames chassis but they didn’t catch on.

Pete.