Tippers, Driving Unsheeted

I’m always noticing tipper drivers carrying earth/Gravel/■■■■■■■■ etc UNSHEETED ! :imp: Do they not realise how many screens they’ve broken by stones & other debris flying off the back ? What ■■■■■■ me off most, is that they’ve got Easy Sheets that work from inside the cab !!! (How long does it take to press the button ■■)
It’s LAW to sheet every Load !!!
You have been warned :wink:

As a slight defence these easy sheets are unsuitable in windy conditions as the wind gets under them and they can be up and down like a tarts knickers at 56mph. However, when I drive an 8 wheel tipper I used to carry 2 short ratchet straps to solve this problem in the wind!

tipper drivers-brain dead at birth

All the tippers I see are flying round like madmen, single carriage way, dual carriage way,6 even past schools! :laughing: . I can only assume they don’t have time to obey the law :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

With all this wet weather, the only thing I see in tippers at the mo is wet sticky slop that has no chance of ‘flying out’.

Mb14 care to elaborate…

Things haven’t changed much then:

mb14:
tipper drivers-brain dead at birth

See this is why i love this forum, for such informative and interlectual answers such as this.

Leave him be it probably took him an age to construct that sentence with those words in that order.

Interlectuel?? Sorry couldn’t help myself!

Maga why are you telling lies?

fredthered:

There’s a reason i drive a truck :blush:

■■■■ your screens.

hawletts seem like a good outfit…1 load a day. any info. :smiley: :smiley:

SwedishSteel:
[zb] your screens.

Nice one swedish Steel !
won’t be long before Mr VOSA will catch people like you out & have a nice expensive word with you, it’s a shame so many so called Profesional HGV Drivers have got your attitude. :unamused:
YEEEE HAAAAA !!! Ride 'em Cowboy !!

xfmatt:
As a slight defence these easy sheets are unsuitable in windy conditions as the wind gets under them and they can be up and down like a tarts knickers at 56mph. However, when I drive an 8 wheel tipper I used to carry 2 short ratchet straps to solve this problem in the wind!

I used to drive a Roll on/Roll off 8 wheeler, you operated the sheet from the nearside just behind the cab (same principle as a tipper, just had to get out of the cab) & it had Bungee cord down both sides that you could pull down to the body & if needed, I would rope or strap it aswell. It’s only a matter of time with all these camera’s on vehicles these days that someone will get nicked using video & witness evidence for having paper/wood/bricks/metal/rubbish,even soft toys flying out the back of a skip or tipper.

Santa:
Things haven’t changed much then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GRB1rUyYU

love that Film, I think it’s the Standard Training Video for a few Cowboy Outfits Operating today. :laughing:

well this week I have unloaded 2 low loaders and 3 flat trailers, all have come in with loads of plant that as left gravel/stones even lumps of concrete and mud on the bed of the trailer, not one driver as asked for a brush, or swept the bed down before driving off… so dont blame the tipper guys!!

and as ive pointed out before, have a look along the mways, dual carriageways, and how many straps/ratchets/ timbers that are lying around…

It’s not law to sheet if the load is over 200mm or if it’s wet processed ie sand and gravel, unless it’s bone dry of course. The springs which let the sheet out over the load on muck tippers are a pain for breaking, especially in cold wet weather (stuff being dropped or spilt on them by machine drivers doesn’t help).
Saying that, I’ve worked with many tipper drivers who see it as just another thing to ignore, along with speed limits, weight limits and general quarry/site rules.
I drive curtainsiders now so I’m in a position to comment/complain about them.
:laughing:
Note: Hell Drivers is the DCPC module for Earthline.

William Hartnell - the original Doctor Who

fredthered:

Yet another reason to love trucknet, it’s not just entertainment it’s also an education lol