Tipper wages gloucester?

Hi, I am looking for tipper work in and around gloucester cheltenham area ? just wounded if anyone knew what the going wages were fop this kind of work around there ? how many firms are around ? which are the good ones and bad ones ? any info would really helpful. Thanks all

Mr Ginge is your man, works for Smiths of Gloucester. You could also try Cemex at Wickwar or Elliotts of Cheltenham. Slightly further afield, Moreton Cullimores or Hills, Huntsmans’ have sadly axed their employed driver fleet since the Breedon takeover.

I think our tipper drivers (Smiths) are on a few pence under £10 per hour.

Pretty sure Keyway pay better. I suppose you have Morton Cullimore’s, Elliott Aggregates, Macadam’s, Cemex, Allstone etc

Where’s Keyways’ yard now Ginge? I saw your crusher in their old place a few weeks ago.
I have heard less than complimentary things said about Elliotts. Mostly regarding how they ceased trading and suddenly restarted.
Forgot to mention Valley Trading at Babdown.

Couldn’t say where Keyway’s are based other then what google says. Cemex has a new site next door to us and Macadam’s in Moreton Valance Old Airfield.

As for the job at Smiths, there are loads of guys that have been doing it for years so it can’t be the worst. I have only done a couple of days on it and the issue I had was like on the skip lorries is I find the local work a bit boring. The tipper work imo can get a bit repetitive.

Agree about repetition. Working for bigger firms you tend to only go to their sites and do larger jobs which are backwards and forwards to the same place. I couldn’t trunk to concrete plants again or bulk shifts from those poncey FORS and CLOCS worshipping sites.

Cullimores are advertising for drivers at the moment with a sign by the A38.

I think Robinsons of Worcester are looking for drivers, might be worth a shout (based about 20miles from Gloucester).

You would be in a bright pink wagon though.

Keyway have a yard on the A40 near Huntley.

Castillidie:
I think Robinsons of Worcester are looking for drivers, might be worth a shout (based about 20miles from Gloucester).

I only have class 2, is robinsons all calss 1 ? I’v only ever seen class 1 trucks with there pink colours

109LWB:
Keyway have a yard on the A40 near Huntley.

A40 Huntley ? I did’nt know there was a truck yard round there ? would that be down near the reads haulage ? You don’t know if there taking anyone on by any chance ? I hurd key ways is a big outfit.

Reads is in Longhope on the a4136.
It’s a pretty new yard, possibly closer to Churcham than Huntley, lots of plant in there, not sure if they keep trucks there too.
No idea about jobs, not my area of work.

jrt:

Castillidie:

I only have class 2, is robinsons all calss 1 ? I’v only ever seen class 1 trucks with there pink colours

Robinsons do run 8wheeled Scanias with bulk bodies. I think they tramp.

jrt:

Castillidie:

They mainly run Class 1 but have a few 8 wheelers as well. We have a couple running for us next week.