Tipper Insurance

Just had a quote for 3rdPartyF&T for an 15 yr old ERF EC11 - 325■■■■■■■ that came out at £1,478.30 (annual) with Staveley Head Insurance - I’m 42 yrs old with no accidents to-date and full no claims, so I thought this quote was a bit high!

I wonder if I’m being ripped-off or not?

Any comments please.

Cheers,
Robert

Sounds ok to me

3rd party fire & theft only, didn’t think you could have that on a commercial vehicle.

Every time I’ve had a quote recently fully comp is only a few quid more so I wouldn’t bother with third party, the price doesn’t sound to bad to me

Moose:
Every time I’ve had a quote recently fully comp is only a few quid more so I wouldn’t bother with third party, the price doesn’t sound to bad to me

Fair enough, as you indicate, better to be safe than sorry!!

Cheers fellas for the feedback.

I pay £1900 Fully comp on my artic bulk tipper, plus £400 for GIT, with £10 million liability, etc, that’s also with Staveley Head

Moose:

Ahh yes, perhaps that’s what I was angling at. I think the main risk with HGV’s is who or what else rather than your bits you are going to annihilate.

I wouldn’t entertain third party insurance on anything and certainly not a lorry. I did mine for years through Towergate or Ratcliffes in Cheltenham.

BB