Tipper driving?

well, I see there are some marvellous opportunities at Arden-Midland going again…and so soon after the last poor blokes were passed on.
So if you would like a job with no contract, tight deadlines that push your driving limits to the max, late pay that you have to chase, lies about holiday, and other entitlements, coupled with the chance that you could be out of a job at a moments notice…then please apply.
Amazes me that these people can find anyone, so I feel it’s fair to warn any decent drivers out there about the Arden-Midlands and Cleaver tipper companies out there. I know there are a few ex drivers on here, and they will all vouch for my sentiments.

Do Ardens’ do anything other than that railway job, and why do all the wagons on the rail job travel in convoys? Looking at most of the tippers on that job, it looks like someone turned the boat bound for Africa around, what junk.
Oh well at least KSD have departed from Oxford, we’re all much safer now.

Have a small feeling they are part owned by a certain sawdust contractor In Central Scotland.
May be wrong but they did get supplied a lot by them.

Curver66:
well, I see there are some marvellous opportunities at Arden-Midland going again…and so soon after the last poor blokes were passed on.
So if you would like a job with no contract, tight deadlines that push your driving limits to the max, late pay that you have to chase, lies about holiday, and other entitlements, coupled with the chance that you could be out of a job at a moments notice…then please apply.
Amazes me that these people can find anyone, so I feel it’s fair to warn any decent drivers out there about the Arden-Midlands and Cleaver tipper companies out there. I know there are a few ex drivers on here, and they will all vouch for my sentiments.

Yes, we can. :wink:

Arden’s advertising for drivers in Warks and Cheltenham areas.

Yes, the guy that runs Arden, has tried and failed a few times in the haulage business. He is from Coventry, and trying his luck at the railway work. Well known as a fly-by-night and I found out myself how useless he was as a haulage boss when I worked for him…real amateur.
He takes on drivers that will push to impress when they start, and then he will slowly push for more.it all ends when you say no to breaking driving hours or asking for time off/ holiday pay.the reason there are a lot of convoys is, that the drops are near and there are long ques at the tips, so you end behind each other a lot. Also because the driver turnaround is so high, they always need to be shown where to go.he relies on always finding drivers to fill places to keep maximum profit. Most operate like that, with Cleaver being the worst, and Arden a close second.

Dead right about KSD mate, they are the worst drivers I’ve come across.

KSD have left■■?
Oh bugger.
There goes a good job opportunity :grimacing:

Curver66:
Yes, the guy that runs Arden, has tried and failed a few times in the haulage business. He is from Coventry, and trying his luck at the railway work. Well known as a fly-by-night and I found out myself how useless he was as a haulage boss when I worked for him…real amateur.
He takes on drivers that will push to impress when they start, and then he will slowly push for more.it all ends when you say no to breaking driving hours or asking for time off/ holiday pay. The reason there are a lot of convoys is that the drops are near and there are long ques at the tips, so you end up behind each other a lot. Also because the driver turnaround is so high, they always need to be shown where to go. He relies on always finding drivers to fill places to keep maximum profit. Most operate like that , with Cleaver being the worst, and Arden a close second.

I think you have just perfectly described 95% of the employers expectations of their own tipper drivers in the UK.

KSD have had a lot of tippers on the A453 widening job at nottingham for the last 9 months. Didn’t come across 1 that wasn’t flat out all day and they were on day work! :open_mouth: my knackered looking tipper looks brand new compared to there’s. :smiley:

A mate at Earthline has been told to slow down and been told he’s not getting enough mpg out of his Scania. They’re taking the telematics very seriously these days. They’re preferring the drivers to just do 50 everywhere now, drivers get fuel bonuses.

I remember years ago K.S Dosandji were Nuneaton based and had a couple of trucks in Tilcons Mancetter quarry on tarmac and stone, then they seemed to expand very rapidly and got into muckshifting and collecting road plannings etc. I hadn’t realised that they were now in Oxfordshire.

Pete.

Muckaway:
A mate at Earthline has been told to slow down and been told he’s not getting enough mpg out of his Scania. They’re taking the telematics very seriously these days. They’re preferring the drivers to just do 50 everywhere now, drivers get fuel bonuses.

A tipper driver told to slow down!
Surely some mistake.

windrush:
I remember years ago K.S Dosandji were Nuneaton based and had a couple of trucks in Tilcons Mancetter quarry on tarmac and stone, then they seemed to expand very rapidly and got into muckshifting and collecting road plannings etc. I hadn’t realised that they were now in Oxfordshire.

Pete.

They were only here on the Oxford-Bicester railway upgrade, Pete. Bloody Lunaticskis, the lot of 'em. :wink:

so the tipper game hasn’t changed in the last 30 years still pushin for every second
and every load counts still the cowboys out there making a fast pound.

Gass:
KSD have had a lot of tippers on the A453 widening job at nottingham for the last 9 months. Didn’t come across 1 that wasn’t flat out all day and they were on day work! :open_mouth: my knackered looking tipper looks brand new compared to there’s. :smiley:

I was talking to one of there blokes on the rail job at Bicester.
He was on percentage and had to pay damages to his truck :open_mouth:

KSD use to be called the ‘Dog ■■■■ squadron’ when i first started in the quarries :laughing:

i witnessed a shocking piece of tipper driving going towards Grimsby today.8 wheeler in Breedon colours,the driver was sticking rigidly to the 50mph limit :astonished: and then the 40 and 30mph limits,and he was using his indicators when needed! whats going on i thought…then to cap it all,as he took the filter t/w Cleethorpes,he stopped at a red light! :astonished: i would name and shame the company…but the poor chap would be slaughtered by the real tipper drivers :frowning: :wink: :wink:

Steve66:

Gass:

I was talking to one of there blokes on the rail job at Bicester.
He was on percentage and had to pay damages to his truck :open_mouth:

I didn’t know you spoke Romanian, Steve?
They should remake Hell Drivers with KSD, they wouldn’t need to speed the film up.

Tuckwells at Abingdon want 2x tipper drivers. Two new 8wheelers coming apparently. Nice easy firm to work for, I’m hauling for them today. :sunglasses: