Tipper drivers.. the missing link?

mickswan:
Maybe some of us Tipper drivers are on better money than u artic drivers

Burn.

Bottom of the pile , no pun intended . AKA gravel haulers in N America ,they’re viewed upon with in a similar ilk ,whether it’s the state of the motors or the push for the extra load everyday , or wondering why someone spends half of Sunday washing and polishing their w’anky Pete with 10 inch stacks for it only to be axle deep in mud by 9 am Monday morning ■■
As for the money , hahahaha :laughing:

dew:

F-reds:
Nah that is mixer drivers

Is my experience too. Tipper drivers have the rep, but the way the mixer drives go about round here is mad when you consider how top heavy those must be!

Maybe it’s the “owner driver” “set up” so loved by the construction supply companies.

What about 7.5t drivers, everyone hates those bell ends :slight_smile: was trying to blind side reverse at East Midlands airport and got sick of having to wait while they just nipped across behind me. Just thought sod it I’ll just carry on reversing when third one tried, he got the message!!!

Tipper drivers the muck drivers tend to work a 10 hour day no nights out no crap from rdc monkeys maybe a bit of ofc roading etc no 15:hour shifts and waiting about whos the mug

splashdown:
What about 7.5t drivers, everyone hates those bell ends :slight_smile: was trying to blind side reverse at East Midlands airport and got sick of having to wait while they just nipped across behind me. Just thought sod it I’ll just carry on reversing when third one tried, he got the message!!!

I drive a puddle jumper but can’t understand rudeness like that. Caught on early on that it’s a good thing to look ahead at a roundabout and let bigger brother out if you can.
Tippers:- I was overtaken by an 8-wheeler who drove round the outside of a roundabout (bit unsure of my exit so kept to the inside) to get past me - actually felt embarrassed to be holding him up :open_mouth: :blush:

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=36 … &from=serp
Would “right attitude to work” mean “go like stink and forget speed limits”? :laughing:

Muckaway:
http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=362ecac219b88ee2&from=serp
Would “right attitude to work” mean “go like stink and forget speed limits”? :laughing:

Not on that firm. Dont see them chasing like nutters. He runs nice kit and was plagued with ■■■■■■■ who couldnt drive a nail with a hammer

I have never seen a tipper in a ditch or a motorway closed because of an accident involving a tipper.

They drive like ■■■■■ but seem to get away with it!

kr79:

Muckaway:
http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=362ecac219b88ee2&from=serp

Not on that firm. Dont see them chasing like nutters. He runs nice kit and was plagued with [zb] who couldnt drive a nail with a hammer

That probably explains the “right attitude to work” part then. To be fair, even Thames Materials and Keltbray seem to’ve slowed down a bit. I’ve noticed in London, it’s firms running what appears to be ex Keltbray Fodens charging about and taking their chances with cyclists. I saw an advert on Indeed a whike back for Andrews which said “must be grafters.” Make of that what you will.

Sounds right for danny :smiley:

Now the sugar beet seasons in full swing, ive had more than a few ■■■■-nipping moments around Norfolk as they hurtle round the country bends like theyre driving a wrx scoobie. Glad im getting more distance runs lately.

i had a tipper come down the outside of me and take the outside lane at tower bridge and finally pull to the nearside lane at rainham in essex.why do they do this ■■?

I thought Tower Bridge had an 18t weight limit on it?

It has probaly means the highway

flat to the mat:
Bottom of the pile , no pun intended . AKA gravel haulers in N America ,they’re viewed upon with in a similar ilk ,whether it’s the state of the motors or the push for the extra load everyday , or wondering why someone spends half of Sunday washing and polishing their w’anky Pete with 10 inch stacks for it only to be axle deep in mud by 9 am Monday morning ■■
As for the money , hahahaha :laughing:

Now now FTTM less o that i dont wear a turban. :unamused: :wink: …own account aggregate haulers are different ,most o us are all on hr pay but i do know a couple o own account firms that are on tonnage pay down in the Manitoba bible belt.
and yup ■■■■■ petes i agree (but they are light)…lol washing and polishing. jimmy

Tipper drivers in my eyes are the bmw/audi drivers of the hgv world… always in the outside lane (especially on the A13 heading in and out of london), always sitting up the arse of the vehicle in front. They seem to have a total disregard of the road and anyone who uses it. There are a couple of tipper firms on the same industrial estate i run from, and they are constantly cutting you up or pulling out on you… and the bulkers aint much better either. I had one undertake me on the whips cross roundabout a few weeks ago, just because i was taking it easy in my tanker. Needless to say i got an ear full of abuse when i sounded off. Was going to ring the firm up, but something told me the boss would be an arse too… tipper/bulk drivers… a law unto them selves… an woe betide anyone who gets in their way… All my own entitled option… so i dare say this will provoke anger amongst you tipper drivers…

God I hate this crap about who are the best truckers and whose above who hirerachy . We all drive lorries to earn a living , I doubt it was many of our dreams as we grew up, it certainly wasn’t mine . Anyhow my dad drove tippers for most of his life , done days and nights in the good old days of the analogue tachos and I’ll inherit well because of it . Stop the truck drivers snobbery for Gods sake it’s embarrassing .

I see knobs driving all sorts of lorrys.

europleb:
i had a tipper come down the outside of me and take the outside lane at tower bridge and finally pull to the nearside lane at rainham in essex.why do they do this ■■?

Outside lane is the best place to be along the highway. Away from the bikes. Just have to watch for people turning right at the few sets of traffic lights. And no I don’t drive a tipper…