Tipper Body Manufacturers, opinions?

F-reds:
Guy who parks next to me at night just took delivery of a spankers Merc Arocs with a Predator Ultimate body. Not put it on the weigh bridge yet, but he said he hopes it will carry 18.5!

:open_mouth:

AW Cleaver have an Arocs with Predator Ultimate and it carries 19300. I saw it tare in one morning, the driver said he couldn’t believe it. I’ve seen Boweld bodied ones with the Taperlite tare around 13000 so 19 is possible.
I wonder if/when the E6 Hino and the Chinese Sinotruck will come out?

Muck away tends to be a load rate but more and more do muck and recycled a great es to try and keep loaded.
It’s a case of trying to keep a motor robust enough to do muck and concrete away but still carry a half decent payload for material loads

Back in the days before all this due diligence stuff we loaded as much as the thing was able to throw up in the air, a muck away body with railway sleeper greedy boards and a 321 MAN with a 13spd Fuller, quite often the tips were not equipped with weighbridges, especially early in the morning…

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Stewards enquiry if you turn up at veolia Rainham with more than 200kg over now

kr79:
Stewards enquiry if you turn up at veolia Rainham with more than 200kg over now

Ardley Viridor were the same. They used to only let you tip once they’d spoken to your transport office. God knows why, unless they charge by the load in which case they think you’re tipping a bit for free.
Viridor do these silly things yet couldn’t be arsed to fill in potholes.

I got a telling off at Brogborough once for being over 38tonnes… I was in an 8 wheeler lol

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

This week is first time I been in ferry lane since 2011 last time I blew bridge over 50 ton and tipped with no ticket just a wad of notes so was a chocker at 44260 to be quizzed as I’d fueled up on route
Cheeky cow also double checked me weighing off as with my new ally trailer I’m extra light.
She said I couldn’t be trusted as I was one that ruined there job for been crooked years ago.

Crooked tipper drivers were no good without crooked people at the tip…

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Crooked tipper drivers were no good without crooked people at the tip…

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Very true