Tip it here 'drive' - NO! - NOT LIKE THAT!

Cement mixer lorry hangs over houses in Matlock - includes video

“You just don’t expect to see a lorry of that size suddenly look as if it’s about to come over your garden wall.”

10 Pictures
:slight_smile:

Obviously they usually have bigger lorries rolling over their garden wall. Dunno why all the fuss about a little 4 wheeler.

Could have been a lot worse. :astonished:

At least he kept the drum rolling .

thats ace that is

my 1st driving job was on mixers! i was always worrying about things like this happening as alot of the ground workers builders ect wanted the concrete as near as poss to where they needed it… I nearly tipped over when reversing down a farm track which was only a few inches wider then the truck the side of the track gave way and back end slid into a field and then started to sink I absolutely crapped myself, when i got out the drivers door was touching the floor! how it never went over I will never know and luckily got pulled out without any damage to the truck though my confidence was severly knackered!!! I was peed off when i got back to the yard and was told to take another batch to the same place, but now i think they did the right thing like falling off a bike best thing is to gat straight back on!!

I did have a couple of pics that one of the other lads took on their phone if i can find them i will post them…

He must have done that to get the last little bit out of the drum

Mr B:
thats ace that is

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ya beat me to it

“We were told to evacuate in case it rolled down the hill and caused an explosion”. WTF?! :smiley: Explosive concrete? :stuck_out_tongue:

“The cement mixer was left turning slowly to prevent the cement inside from hardening and adding extra weight to the vehicle”
How does that work then, does concrete get heavier when it sets?

Shroudedknight:
“The cement mixer was left turning slowly to prevent the cement inside from hardening and adding extra weight to the vehicle”
How does that work then, does concrete get heavier when it sets?

No it actually gets lighter… But it also ruins the drum and gives you a pretty alkward load if it sets in their :laughing:

Driving over an unsupported gangway with a heavy mixer? Shouldve known what was gonna happen and got them to sign a damage waiver

maybe he’s a biker and was trying to get the knee down on the bend

We came past a few minutes after this had happened, the driver was very calm, but the landscape gardener was in dispear. The house has been done up over the past 6 months and every time the builder have had concrete they have used a pump off the road. The landscapper decided to have it nearer the job and backed him in on to the block and beam drive, and down he went to the diff.

Probably an over cautious approach about the evacuation, as if it had have gone further it would just have sat on its side, it was a good 10 ft from the edge.