Timeframe for tachograph during covid

Hi guys, passed my test on the 12th of this month does anyone know when i will recieve my tacho semt off for it the day after i passed.

Jacko93:
Hi guys, passed my test on the 12th of this month does anyone know when i will recieve my tacho semt off for it the day after i passed.

Note for others - apply for digicard beforehand as it can be gained with just a car licence
That saves the wait post test pass

Anyone’s guess. They can be exceptionally quick or exceptionally slow. But usually it’s pretty quick tbh.

I applied for my first tacho and posted mine off last month and took about 2 weeks and half to get back to me. However I’m still waiting for my license to come back with my category C entitlement added to it , sent my licence and pass test certificate off straight after I passed the cpc mod 4. That was just over 3 weeks ago and still has not been issued , the DVlA have been on strike recently so I imagine it doesn’t help in processing the application.

Seems like a lottery, my son passed C recently and had a new licence in less than a week.

I renewed my driver card just after they had been on strike, was irritated that there is no facility to do it online and as no longer have a chequebook to post the form back I was forced to ring them and renew it with a card over the phone. Had a half hour hold time getting told how Covid was slowing them down.

When answered the renewal was quick and simple and new card arrived two days later.

I can’t understand why they don’t offer online renewals, it’s not much different to taxing a car online just a couple of reference numbers and payment and job done. It would free up staff for other enquiries.

SA99 is a strange place.

Cheers for all the replys guys got it back this morning so i can now get out driving cannot wait.
Stay safe all take care

8wheels:
I can’t understand why they don’t offer online renewals, it’s not much different to taxing a car online just a couple of reference numbers and payment and job done. It would free up staff for other enquiries.

They are doing an online trial now, it’s due to go live in July so I’m told. I used it today to apply for a first card and was done in less than 10 minutes. This was after spending ages on hold trying to get through to them on the phone yesterday.