Time trials still going on?

just got to thinking ive not seen cyclists doing those time trials on main roads in recent yrs. it used to be mostly at weekends theyd be at it .
seen any lately ? if not whats happened ,i know on the A12 about 5yrs ago a cyclist was killed in a time trial . To me it always looked a Really risky hobby

I rode time trials forty odd years ago. Its a bigger sport nowadays, the courses used are mainly B roads as traffic density is making it too dangerous on main drags. When I was involved we used the dual carriageway between Dundee and Perth early on Sunday mornings.

unfortunately its still very popular in northern ireland from time to time.
main roads,and dual carriageways with the usual herberts doing there hiviz marshal road commanders.

When the summer arrives the A1 from buckden, down to baldock, till about 10.00, most Sundays is alive with time triallers.

T

Most Sunday mornings on the A11 from April to September between Wymondham and Thetford you’ll find loads of them willing to risk their lives indulging in this crazy pastime.

We have them here occasionally (usually on a sunday) but they close the roads through the town to other traffic for the hour or so that it takes place.

Pete.

They still hold them on the A14 around Newmarket on Saturdays in the summer, it’s not like it’s one of the busiest trunk roads in the country is it? :smiley: