Time to unite.

Imagine the panic if Drivers got their act together, bet unite end up getting them another pay rise ( health and safety row it is :unamused: ) and lets face it there`s harder jobs with worse conditions.

Plumbers and Sparks are all over the place but have National minimum rates because of their Union.

Name it and we could get it, car drivers forced to learn common sense when near a truck.

Expenses to match MP`s. :laughing:

More demands to follow. :laughing:

How many plumbers and sparks are in a union then :unamused:

aranger:
Imagine the panic if Drivers got their act together, bet unite end up getting them another pay rise ( health and safety row it is :unamused: ) and lets face it there`s harder jobs with worse conditions.

Plumbers and Sparks are all over the place but have National minimum rates because of their Union.

Name it and we could get it, car drivers forced to learn common sense when near a truck.

Expenses to match MP`s. :laughing:

More demands to follow. :laughing:

The tooth fairy is also a good story. Common sense and lorry drivers also comes to mind. regards kevmac47.

Noworries:
How many plumbers and sparks are in a union then :unamused:

Used to be SNiPEF when I was serving my time but not sure now, enough to get them what they wanted thats for sure.

Used to be a member and when they demanded a rise every year, they got it and every Employer had to pay the minimum whether the Plumber was a member or not.

Now that the press has told all and sundry that tanker drivers are on Β£45 grand a year ( todays sun ) then the public would have no sympathy if all general truckers were on strike for more money.
I know that when tanker drivers were working for the oil companies, their money was the best in the business, but since they made them redundant, and private firms took over the contracts, they all seem to be in a hurry, often way above my limited speed, and if they are in fact earning that kind of money advertised, i have no sympathy, even with the `elf n safety issue, unless its a site one, but doesnt look like it on the road the way some of them drive.

If you think about it, this has been quite clever.

The tanker drivers have almost proved their value, without actually doing anything.

A story that they will strike, mass panic. They didn’t even have to strike and if anything probably generated overtime for themselves while proving how valuable they are!

Chatting to my dad today and he came up with this wonderful conspiracy theory, involving the Union, the drivers, and the government. Either a back hander to the government or for the government to create mass panic and a news story to bury something else.

Tinfoil hats on, there’s a conspiracy theory for everyone!