Time to try again at Apex?

peterboroughmatt:
I passed C and CE with Apex and cant fault them. Also have done CPC,Forklift and First Aid there. I’m not sure what they use for C now yas I see them riding about in some newer ones when I’m about town, the 2 MAN’s you are referring to are 07 and 09 plates ( I know as I did a test in both!!!).

Hi Matt, so you would give an honest opinion that Apex and the trainer(s) are good? I think more than anything my confidence is a bit shot after the last place i went, both trainers would just sit there as i drove not really teach or train me. Especially the last guy who was silent unless picking up on every slight niggle or fault. I juat want somebody who is calm and patient

Like I said, if you don’t mind the drive to Irthlingborough, which would be doable from Wisbech daily if you didn’t mind long days for a week, I’d recommend Powerdriver. They’ve been established for years, I’ve known the trainers for over 10 years. I did my C, module 4 CPC and C+E with them and loads of our drivers at work went with them too.
Everyday you drive on test routes, so by the time you do your test you will know every junction and roundabout possible. They have an off road reversing place that you use daily too. Barrie and Alan are excellent trainers who definitely don’t sit there in silence unless you make mistakes :slight_smile:

Edit: forgot to mention, their rigida are Scanias.
I’m happy to answer any more questions if you wish

JASCAMBS:

peterboroughmatt:
I passed C and CE with Apex and cant fault them. Also have done CPC,Forklift and First Aid there. I’m not sure what they use for C now yas I see them riding about in some newer ones when I’m about town, the 2 MAN’s you are referring to are 07 and 09 plates ( I know as I did a test in both!!!).

Hi Matt, so you would give an honest opinion that Apex and the trainer(s) are good? I think more than anything my confidence is a bit shot after the last place i went, both trainers would just sit there as i drove not really teach or train me. Especially the last guy who was silent unless picking up on every slight niggle or fault. I juat want somebody who is calm and patient

They were good with me, nerves did it for me first time in C and CE but they helped me through it. Give them a call or pop down there and tell them what your concerns are, they will be able to help.

peterboroughmatt:

JASCAMBS:

peterboroughmatt:

They were good with me, nerves did it for me first time in C and CE but they helped me through it. Give them a call or pop down there and tell them what your concerns are, they will be able to help.

Cheers Matt, i have been in contact with them regarding training. It seems a lot better training than what i had before and they were quite shocked hearing what had happened to me before. They mentioned 5 or 7 day course’s whatever i felt more comfortable with

I would be most surprised if you needed that amount of training. But little harm in having too much (apart from, maybe, the cost).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Jascambs Could you not take your GF with you and let them stay in a B/B or Premier inn near J28, There are plenty of people who have passed with Apex, and i even know a couple of the instructors and examiners there.But my choice would be Peter.

Good luck

David