Time to knock on doors

Since passing C+E in Feb I have applied for 2 jobs, not many I know but life gets in the way. First one I went in for a chat but must have come across way too green :grimacing: and the other I applied via their online application form. No luck so far so I need to up my game. When I had the chat I was honest about my absolute lack of experience and I let it show too much, so next time I will emphasise my ability to learn quickly and NOT afraid of hard graft.
I just wanted to share that some make it look easy after passing test and walking straight into a job but in my (limited) experience it’s not that straight forward. Maybe I should consider increasing my commute radius.
Question is, how do you come across like your the one for the job if you know â– â– â– â–  all about it? lol I could say I have 2 years watching youtube experience!

Morning Karma. You said that you came across as a bit green. That’s very useful for a very large logistics company with its own spotters. They take newbies. Or at least they do round here (North West). Hope this helps mate.

when i passed my Class 1 i walked into a job at National Carriers,but they weren’t picky (they even took Rog on! :smiley: ),left there after about 3 months and knocked on the door at Carryfast and told them i was after an artic job but had little expierience.the TM looked at my waist-length hair and said ‘you’re different…i’ll give you a chance!’ :astonished: so…grow your hair mate…and good luck with the interviews!

In that case I think I’ll wear my orange wig and size 19 shoes :laughing:
Eagerbeaver, I’m from Manchester originally, maybe I should move back
The online application was for Stobart’s in Teesport, the other a small local firm. Initial thought was if I can’t get into Stobbies then there is no hope what so ever haha.
I was working over Birtley way last week and notice a fair few firm based there so I will do the rounds on foot.

Loads of work in the Manchester/Warrington area Karma.

ahhh Manchester if you was closer to Barnsley or Rotherham i know a few that would set you on.

nah, Im near consett, durham at the mo. Even further away!

There are jobs about but you have to go looking for them

Have you tried elddis just down the road

But really depends how far you want to travel

Speak to Lee at Callerton haulage not to far from you either ( Craghead Lane, Stanley DH9 6EJ
01207 235050 ) he takes on newbies

Cheers. I will give Elddis a blast. Must say I prefer the bigger companies at the mo as I feel a bit more inconspicuous :blush: :laughing:

instantKarma:
Cheers. I will give Elddis a blast. Must say I prefer the bigger companies at the mo as I feel a bit more inconspicuous :blush: :laughing:

But sometimes the smaler ones are better as you are a person not a number Lee is ok as well he dont mine newbies either downside is he runs Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:
downside is he runs Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nobody is perfect but it could be worse :laughing: