time overlap?

changed motors today both fitted with digi tacho got out of first motor at 14.36 then litterally straight into the new one cant of being more than 1 min between changes puts card in goes through it all straight bck onto other work n bck into warehouse to load .when id finished came out jumped in looked at tach machine and it said. time overlap 45 .any ideas what it means and what did i do wrong? if owt. oh and i didnt need a break .

You’ll probably be put in the stocks, then hung, drawn & quartered.

yeh probably i just cnt understand it does the 45 mean i needed 45 mins break ?

No idea mate, I’ve never used a digi card, hope I never have to :wink:

45 is the reason/fault/whatever code.

Error code 45 = time overlap. Negative time difference compared to the last
vehicle.

Not your fault so don’t worry :wink:

Have a look at these.

seemyimages.co.uk/showimage.php?image_no=108

seemyimages.co.uk/showimage.php?image_no=109

seemyimages.co.uk/showimage.php?image_no=110

As others have said, the ‘45’ is simply the error code for the event.

Time overlap is where a driver card is removed from a VU (Vehicle Unit) and placed into a second VU, the time of which is behind the time of the first. For example, time on first unit is 14:00 whilst on the second VU the time is 13:15, that will result in a ‘time overlap’ of 15 minutes. Effectively the second VU is warning you that it is trying to re-write time on the driver card - it doesn’t, both periods of activity will be recorded.

It happens because the clocks in VU’s are set at calibration rather than being updated by a RDS time signal. One of those things that would have been so simple to do but was deemed far too complicated back in 2002 when the legislation governing Digital Tachos was published.

In the meantime, remember that if the time recorded by a digital tachograph (UTC) is more than 20 minutes from ‘real’ UTC (or Greenwich Mean Time for the rest of us) then the vehicle MUST go back to a Tacho Centre for calibration.

nice one guys cheers for replies :smiley: :smiley: