Time for a gallery of shame on here?

Wonder if the extra 50p per hour is for Saturdays?

Seriously though, we should name and shame jokers like this publicly

Pips Skips are looking for a reliable, experienced and motivated HGV class 2 driver to join their team. The role will include delivering and collecting skips across Norfolk, the successful candidate must have good customer service skills and knowledge of the Norfolk area. Experience with skip loaders not essential as the relevant training will be provided. Working hours 6:30-17:00 and alternative Saturdays.

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Salary: £10.00-£10.50 per hour

Additional pay:

Bonus scheme
Schedule:

Monday to Friday
Weekend availability
Experience:

Driving a Goods Vehicle: 1 year (preferred)
driving: 1 year (preferred)
Licence/Certification:

Driver CPC (required)

Driver shortage, my man…

HGV shortage is localized. There are not shortages everywhere.

So, I suspect that in farmers country in the ■■■ end of Norfolk. There are plenty of HGV drivers and not enough work.

We not need to name and shame anyone. We let market forces decide.
Where I live rates have been going up everywhere and I have been going with the firm that pays the most. Easiest way to do make money.

Wasn’t it Sainsbury’s that recently said they would pay £10/hr for any job with them??
Driver shortage will get even worse when we’re paid the same as a shelf stacker…

drover:
Wasn’t it Sainsbury’s that recently said they would pay £10/hr for any job with them??
Driver shortage will get even worse when we’re paid the same as a shelf stacker…

Does that include the upper echelons of executives?

£10.50 is the going rate in Norfolk. There are class 1 drivers at certain firms at Kings Lynn on less than that.
Went for a chat with one and when £10.21 ph straight through was mentioned I spat my tea out and laughed!

ezydriver:

drover:

Does that include the upper echelons of executives?

Yes even the CEO :open_mouth:

msgyorkie:
£10.50 is the going rate in Norfolk. There are class 1 drivers at certain firms at Kings Lynn on less than that.
Went for a chat with one and when £10.21 ph straight through was mentioned I spat my tea out and laughed!

The imaginary sky-high salaries hysteria caused by the media headlines has penetrated as far as Lincolnshire. One guy I know who’s the stereotypical minimum wage worker do-as-little-as-possible-to-get-away-with-it kind of fellow is now applying with a fresh lincolnshire company who’s offering to train anyone willing to sign on a 2 year follow up contract, and 1 buddy of his too. I remember talking to the guy a year ago asking him why he’s in a dead end job paying nuts he said cause it’s easy, he was saying I thought about becoming a lorry driver but nah, too much work, lol. Now you can see the ££ signs in his eyes, I told him it would be better to borrow the money and do the training/test on his own as otherwise he’d be tied into a crap contract with most likely ■■■■ routes and low pay

ETS:

msgyorkie:

The imaginary sky-high salaries hysteria caused by the media headlines has penetrated as far as Lincolnshire. One guy I know who’s the stereotypical minimum wage worker do-as-little-as-possible-to-get-away-with-it kind of fellow is now applying with a fresh lincolnshire company who’s offering to train anyone willing to sign on a 2 year follow up contract, and 1 buddy of his too. I remember talking to the guy a year ago asking him why he’s in a dead end job paying nuts he said cause it’s easy, he was saying I thought about becoming a lorry driver but nah, too much work, lol. Now you can see the ££ signs in his eyes, I told him it would be better to borrow the money and do the training/test on his own as otherwise he’d be tied into a crap contract with most likely [zb] routes and low pay

I’ve known fellow drivers do everything they can to “foul their own nest” and get sacked, to escape these tie-in two-year run-on contracts described here above.

Whilst there are plenty of such tie-in contracts that have the clause “If sacked, repayment of training fees will be deducted from final pay round”…
Not every empoyer - has that within their run-on contract though, thus “strategically seeking dismissal” - still goes on around the country, and some of the offences they do to deliberately get the sack - are quite laughable in themselves…

It is dangerous to commit a sackable offence that also happens to be against the law of the land however, so I would stronly advise against thinks like “sticking a spud up Boss Car’s Exhaust” (Sabotage/Criminal Damage) or even “Hiding Boss’s pencil sharpner but the camera merely records you pocketing it, and walking away with it”… (Theft/Stalking)

Winseer:

ETS:

msgyorkie:

The imaginary sky-high salaries hysteria caused by the media headlines has penetrated as far as Lincolnshire. One guy I know who’s the stereotypical minimum wage worker do-as-little-as-possible-to-get-away-with-it kind of fellow is now applying with a fresh lincolnshire company who’s offering to train anyone willing to sign on a 2 year follow up contract, and 1 buddy of his too. I remember talking to the guy a year ago asking him why he’s in a dead end job paying nuts he said cause it’s easy, he was saying I thought about becoming a lorry driver but nah, too much work, lol. Now you can see the ££ signs in his eyes, I told him it would be better to borrow the money and do the training/test on his own as otherwise he’d be tied into a crap contract with most likely [zb] routes and low pay

I’ve known fellow drivers do everything they can to “foul their own nest” and get sacked, to escape these tie-in two-year run-on contracts described here above.

Whilst there are plenty of such tie-in contracts that have the clause “If sacked, repayment of training fees will be deducted from final pay round”…
Not every empoyer - has that within their run-on contract though, thus “strategically seeking dismissal” - still goes on around the country, and some of the offences they do to deliberately get the sack - are quite laughable in themselves…

It is dangerous to commit a sackable offence that also happens to be against the law of the land however, so I would stronly advise against thinks like “sticking a spud up Boss Car’s Exhaust” (Sabotage/Criminal Damage) or even “Hiding Boss’s pencil sharpner but the camera merely records you pocketing it, and walking away with it”… (Theft/Stalking)

Another good one is to open a can of tuna and pour the oil in the cars vents. two or three cans might be better. :sunglasses:

msgyorkie:

Speak for yourself :wink:

claretmatt:

msgyorkie:

Speak for yourself :wink:

No im way above that…but then I operate a HIAB to get that! :laughing: :wink:

The rate doesn’t seem that good although Norfolk is a fairly low wage area. If you are a bit of a “skip rat” it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a few hundred extra quid to be earned per month tax-free from “this and that”.

And of course, there’s always the “performance bonus” :stuck_out_tongue: