Time for a change!

Well my agency has let me down completely! Thanks TRG! So it looks like its back to recovery for now as I will never look at agency work again. I think that eventually the agencies will kill the job altogether. So recovery it is ,picking up and rescuing the inexperienced, couldn’t care less, its not my truck, agency drivers! Rant over! Really i just find it disapointing that the bigger companies can’t see the problem they are making for the future.

It’s lack of backbone that’s the real problem. Companies are only taking advantage of people because they’re getting away with it.

DrivingMissDaisy:
It’s lack of backbone that’s the real problem. Companies are only taking advantage of people because they’re getting away with it.

totally agree agencies need vetting and regulating to stop them taking advantage of people

You were an agency driver yourself.How are newbees going to get some experience when the hauliers wont take on .Its absolutely stupid that a man pays £3000 for training then forgets about it for 2 years.

You can’t even ‘forget about it for 2 years’ these days, most employers and even agencies would want to see/have proof that you have been driving in that time. Catch22 or what?

Its not helping the situation, now the bleak season has kicked in for most

alamcculloch:
You were an agency driver yourself.How are newbees going to get some experience when the hauliers wont take on .Its absolutely stupid that a man pays £3000 for training then forgets about it for 2 years.

They simply put their boots and gloves in their car and drive around all the haulage yards in their area until they get a start somewhere. The 2 year thing only exists if people let it.

alamcculloch:

But the agencies just make this problem worse. Going back a few years you started with a company and learnt from the bottom up, this is why people were loyal to companies and staff turnover was much lower, respect from both the employer and the employee. Now companies wont take the initial risk and train decent staff instead it is easier just to use an agency and blame them when things go wrong. Don’t we all have a story that goes ‘should see what this **** agency drivers gone and done’?

We sure do but it’s not because he’s agency, he’s just useless in general…
I passed my class one 9 months back called and wrote to all the local transport company’s in heathrow 4 weeks later the agency I was with got me a job and I’ve been driving nearly every day since , I also got offerd a job with saints who were willing to take a risk on a new driver , you just have to knock on those doors …

rgt1973:

alamcculloch:

But the agencies just make this problem worse. Going back a few years you started with a company and learnt from the bottom up, this is why people were loyal to companies and staff turnover was much lower, respect from both the employer and the employee. Now companies wont take the initial risk and train decent staff instead it is easier just to use an agency and blame them when things go wrong. Don’t we all have a story that goes ‘should see what this **** agency drivers gone and done’?

I had only multi van drop experience + got took on full time at my work, despite being 19.

Had a few knocks, but always held my hands up and haven’t had a problem.

I intend on staying there