Time for a change done it for 20 plus years

Wheel Nut:
Stop me before I go mad :open_mouth:

Sorry Mal. Reading that leads me to believe that it is too late. Go and have a lie down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
if youā€™ve had enough, then hereā€™s what to do.

knock off the limiter,
donā€™t use a tacho,
go flat out, day and night,

youā€™ll have loads of fun before they get you. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

about handing your keys in at rdcā€™s why not just carry a spare ok i understand thats hard if you change trucks daily, as for security guards i am one at the moment and i hate it i have a lot of leyway with drivers as i want to be one and i hear about all the crap they go thru, i just would not tar every guard with the same brush as there are little hitlers i know but there are people like me who like to help and tend to miss the odd mistake or 2. as i understand its one of those things it happens.
anyway ive been applying for jobs but with not much experience i have had no luck so far but hopefully ill be the one soon sayin ā€œbloody guards there a pain in the ā– ā– ā– ā€ ha ha

as for regulations etcā€¦ its not just the trucking industry i have worked in warehouses and shops and its getting like that everywhere its the hi viz hard hat need to be trained to wipe ur ā– ā– ā–  attitude this country has

but mostly the reason for all this is ourselvs as the country is now like america "where there is a blame there is a claim " because of this every company has to protect itself by bringing in all these h&s standards and its not going to ever get any better.

i wish there was a form as an opt out saying if i do this and hurt myself its my own fault. although that could start a diffrent discussion totally

al_P:
about handing your keys in at rdcā€™s why not just carry a spare ok i understand thats hard if you change trucks daily, as for security guards i am one at the moment and i hate it i have a lot of leyway with drivers as i want to be one and i hear about all the crap they go thru, i just would not tar every guard with the same brush as there are little hitlers i know but there are people like me who like to help and tend to miss the odd mistake or 2. as i understand its one of those things it happens.
anyway ive been applying for jobs but with not much experience i have had no luck so far but hopefully ill be the one soon sayin ā€œbloody guards there a pain in the ā– ā– ā– ā€ ha ha

as for regulations etcā€¦ its not just the trucking industry i have worked in warehouses and shops and its getting like that everywhere its the hi viz hard hat need to be trained to wipe ur ā– ā– ā–  attitude this country has

but mostly the reason for all this is ourselvs as the country is now like america "where there is a blame there is a claim " because of this every company has to protect itself by bringing in all these h&s standards and its not going to ever get any better.

i wish there was a form as an opt out saying if i do this and hurt myself its my own fault. although that could start a diffrent discussion totally

Welcolme al_P. you will go far, lets hope they give you a truck soon to do it in :laughing:

Well I started printing personalised mugs, t-shirts, etc etc last year for a bit of extra cash. Surprised at how well itā€™s going. Only last week I got an ongoing order for 100+ mugs. So fingers crossed.

Whatever happens- I made up my mind when it came out that I wouldnā€™t be doing my cpc!

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

• Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
  • Why the early bird gets the worm;
  • Life isnā€™t always fair;
  • and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (donā€™t spend more
than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  harassment for kissing a classmate;
teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch;
and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job
that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion
or an aspirin to a student;
but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortionā€¦

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses;
and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldnā€™t defend yourself from a burglar
in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot.
She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion,
by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;

I Know My Rights

I Want It Now

Someone Else Is To Blame

Iā€™m A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

E.I.P. Common Sense

Wheel Nut:
He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;

I Know My Rights

I Want It Now

Someone Else Is To Blame

Iā€™m A Victim

And the new born

Itā€™s my Human Rights innit.

Andrew Leitch:
Would all those moaning minnies who are not currently happy in the job, please hand in your notice now. :unamused:

I am still looking for a job after being made redundant 8 months ago and if you want to go and do something elseā€¦Iā€™ll be happy to sit on your still-warm driving seat. :bulb:

Thank you.

Iā€™ve been out of a job for too long, and to read of the moans and groans on here goes against the grain. The job has always changed, and I dont like a lot of the changes. But itā€™s a job Iā€™m good at, and a job I know inside out. Itā€™s true employers dislike us older drivers because we know more about the business than they do. So if anyone dislikes the industry that much, thereā€™s drivers like myself that will relieve you of your misery :wink:

Tiger.

I canā€™t believe that people are looking for jobs with a HGV license. If I needed to find a job I think I could be working within the hour. Just a lot of people who own one or two trucks around here. Not sure it would be any good but it would be something that I would do if I had to.

migs69:
Whatever happens- I made up my mind when it came out that I wouldnā€™t be doing my cpc!

same here. as much as i love driving artics i dont enjoy feeling like i am under constant threat from the authorities even though i run legally. my digitach expires in 2 years and i wont be renewing that either. im at a very employable age with enough life experience to get on in a career but not too old to start afresh. its time to make that change

ajt:
Sign of age moaning about the good old days and how its not like it used to be :wink:

And the first time you were on Ā£1200 a week was.
just the year will do.

Andrew Leitch:
Would all those moaning minnies who are not currently happy in the job, please hand in your notice now. :unamused:

I am still looking for a job after being made redundant 8 months ago and if you want to go and do something elseā€¦Iā€™ll be happy to sit on your still-warm driving seat. :bulb:

Thank you.

As ive mellowed out a bit you can have it 2 weeks top id give you.
Theres jobs then theres jobs. :laughing:

limeyphil:
if youā€™ve had enough, then hereā€™s what to do.

knock off the limiter,
donā€™t use a tacho,
go flat out, day and night,

youā€™ll have loads of fun before they get you. :laughing:

Its crossed my mind the last few months .
out on a high, :laughing:
who knows :question: you aint lived till youve done 85 mph in an artic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(no im not recommendening it honest)
but its GOOD. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scania245:
so anyone had enough youve seen all the changes a haulage industry thats all but gone,
the wages that you earned 15 years ago.youre still earning,
theres not many companys left you would work for. :question:
and the future looks worse than bleak.
just more rules n regulations,
when the poles moan to me about the money ,somethings wrong :question:
whos had enough.

Itā€™s the hotel california syndrome i started in 89 and finished in 94 and came back in 2007 ā€œyou can check out anytime you like but you can never leaveā€

mike68:

scania245:
so anyone had enough youve seen all the changes a haulage industry thats all but gone,
the wages that you earned 15 years ago.youre still earning,
theres not many companys left you would work for. :question:
and the future looks worse than bleak.
just more rules n regulations,
when the poles moan to me about the money ,somethings wrong :question:
whos had enough.

Itā€™s the hotel california syndrome i started in 89 and finished in 94 and came back in 2007 ā€œyou can check out anytime you like but you can never leaveā€

Great i knew i was zbd up BUT NOW IVE GOT A SYNDROME.
NOT AGAIN :laughing: