Tilt trailers.

If somebody offered you a job with a tilt,would you turn it down or not,i lost weight stripping mine down in the summer.
Took a while to get the hang of it,mostly on my own to do it,once loaded they would turn off the lights in the loading area and go home for the night.
Still see a few on uk roads,from other nations,Turkey,Iran etc.

Wouldn’t mind using 1 again, beats roping and sheeting any day, now that I’ll never do again.

Never had the pleasure of fully stripping a tilt out and can’t say as thought I’d want to either. The biggest claim to glory I can make on the subject is both sides open at once and that was enough of a pain.
Those jobs where they just wanted you to quickly slide the roof forward or open the curtain so they could crane in a 12 meter long section of whatever always seemed to be when you had a tilt, rather than a modern euroliner which made up 95% of the company trailers anyway.
Plenty of UK trucks do still pull them on ferry freight. They’re not extinct yet. Schenker and DSV still have quite a lot to name but two companies.

:smiley:

all depends were you want to go most tilts run to non eec countrys due to the fact that they transit on a carnet and need a gv60 for the trailer (customs certified) very rare to find a euro liner with a gv 60 thou iv seen em

No need for gym membership,i got very strong doing tilts,love or hate them.

ha no need for gym membership! :stuck_out_tongue:

I love looks truck with tilt - just looks a proper international work like Astrans and Middle East boys!

CAnt get gv60 on a euroliner in uk

Ones u see wth tir boards prob gone open tir
Or there just as a designer label lol

it wouldn’t bother me as long as i was doing some distance. i wouldn’t want to go near one on UK work, i’d have to think twice about northern europe. but central, eastern, and outside of the EU, then no problem.
however, i’d prefer nice roping and sheeting work.

First time over the water I had a stepframe tilt, what a ■■■■■■■ of a job! Bearing in mind I had passed my test probably 2-3 months prior and was sent on my way to Italy, talk about a steep learning curve! First time wasn’t too bad really second time was a full strip down for a machine to be loaded through the roof now that was hard work!

Side loading was ok,just use the wooden boards to push the sheet up,bit of a drama on windy days,a full strip was a dread,and mostly on my own,in the middle of nowhere,nobody would help out.
Sometimes the crane or winch would pull my sheet back,but it may tear it,wear you hook it up.