Tilbury laybys

Went to Tilbury the other day first time for ages it seems that every layby has been closed,when did that happen?Where does everyone park now for the night,as far as I remember Thurrock services was always rammed full.
I did notice the amount of litter in and on the grass verges have the council given up trying to keep it tidy?

You’ve got it in one , Essex CC and Thurrock council had had enough of the way the lay by’s were treated and the state they were left in so shut them

They have been shut for a few months now . Not many drivers know about it but their is a truck park behind travis Perkins dc not sure how many lorrys it holds

The council probably got fed up with Heritage using them as their operating centre, you could never get in them due to all the dropped Heritage trailers.

blue estate:
You’ve got it in one , Essex CC and Thurrock council had had enough of the way the lay by’s were treated and the state they were left in so shut them

You’d never catch me even taking a break in one. Really narrow and surrounded by trash.

mazzer:
The council probably got fed up with Heritage using them as their operating centre, you could never get in them due to all the dropped Heritage trailers.

I’ve noticed…

This problem too. As well as lay-bys, the A38/A50 services seems to be an operating centre for Arcese, Grantham services is a base for HSF and Ferrybridge is often rammed with Warberers.

Like it or not, this is an issue which has spread around the country and is caused mainly by EU drivers… the worst of which are from Romania.

If you take a look in the escape lanes of the M25, where jonny seems to think it’s ok to overnight… then leaves behind a little bag of surprises, then it’s no surprise that the two aforementioned lay-bys have been shut down.

The whole area was cleaned up last year, all the rubbish removed, the crass areas cleaned with earth movers and reseeded with grass.

It took jonny about a week to start making the place look like a hovel again.

I’m all for international working relations and a big fan of the EU, but those who come here and turn our country into a toilet should have their companies banned from operating here and sent a very large clean up bill.

Scruffy gits!

As someone has said, there’s a TS behind TP. Some drivers are currently mashing up the ASDA car park… bet that ends with a large bill LOL.

Jingle Jon:
Like it or not, this is an issue which has spread around the country and is caused mainly by EU drivers… the worst of which are from Romania.

If you take a look in the escape lanes of the M25, where jonny seems to think it’s ok to overnight… then leaves behind a little bag of surprises, then it’s no surprise that the two aforementioned lay-bys have been shut down.

The whole area was cleaned up last year, all the rubbish removed, the crass areas cleaned with earth movers and reseeded with grass.

It took jonny about a week to start making the place look like a hovel again.

I’m all for international working relations and a big fan of the EU, but those who come here and turn our country into a toilet should have their companies banned from operating here and sent a very large clean up bill.

Scruffy gits!

As someone has said, there’s a TS behind TP. Some drivers are currently mashing up the ASDA car park… bet that ends with a large bill LOL.

Wish I’d known that ,had an early tip at TP,s will know for next time thank you.

We can not blame the council for closing down the layby areas, i would guess the staff that have to pick up bags of human faeces , got sick of it and stopped picking up all the litter under health and safety at work .
It is a shame that some bad apples in the industry spoil for the rest of us doing a good a job.
I have seen the rubbish tossed in hedges, laybys and industrial estates , and i can tell it was a truck driver that tossed it there.
Butane gas cans, soiled work gloves with grease and oil on them, cans of beer that only EE drivers drink , you name it, i have seen it.
On the Essex, subject, i am not against the county or the people that live and work there , but i have noticed more rubbish there , than any other county in the UK .
You see it in the side of the slip roads on all the roundabouts .
If you over night at the Road King Hollies in Cannock, i could not see one bit of litter in the truck park areas .

The cynic in me thinks local residents fly tip in laybys to get them shut. One down the lane from my house has recently been nobbled and will be closed shortly by the council.

The other problem now is that they are now parking on the verge at the side of train station and more flip flops are now parking down by the pub and it’s already a mess of rubbish and ■■■■ down there so it won’t be long before that gets stopped. This will also happen in the new park at the back of TP. also there is a new park for 250 In Stamford le hope somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jingle Jon:

It’s not all Johnny Foreigner though, i’ve found that generally any layby regularly utilised by lorries on the beaten track is a ■■■■ tip. Litter everywhere, grass verge chewed up, stink of urine. The old laybys on the A1 were a disgrace.

Granted, it’s not always lorry drivers dropping the litter, but too many of us set no example.

Imagine a cement mixer without the lorry, upside down, under the ground and made of plastic.
This is what they have in the Aire de repos or rest area on the toll motorway in France.
When the giant bin is full up , a grab hook lorry lifts it to empty it.
As you drive past the bin, you can throw rubbish down the chute .
There was a free parking for trucks at Spa road in Melksham
The residents got fed up with their wall being used as a loo, in the summer, they couldn’t sit outside .
The council banned lorries .
The paper reported that a shocked resident saw a female Lgv driver get undressed in the privacy of her sleeper cab.
Peeping Tom or mind your own business.

lizard:
The other problem now is that they are now parking on the verge at the side of train station and more flip flops are now parking down by the pub and it’s already a mess of rubbish and [zb] down there so it won’t be long before that gets stopped. This will also happen in the new park at the back of TP. also there is a new park for 250 In Stamford le hope somewhere.

no there is not there will be one at dp world but it will be entry by pass card, so if you go in the dock you get the pass.its not going to be a public park,so ive been told by one of the idiot that work there

I heard that the lorry park at the back of TP was full with a lot of contract parking and there isn’t a lot of overnight parking available :unamused:

malcolmgbell:

lizard:
The other problem now is that they are now parking on the verge at the side of train station and more flip flops are now parking down by the pub and it’s already a mess of rubbish and [zb] down there so it won’t be long before that gets stopped. This will also happen in the new park at the back of TP. also there is a new park for 250 In Stamford le hope somewhere.

no there is not there will be one at dp world but it will be entry by pass card, so if you go in the dock you get the pass.its not going to be a public park,so ive been told by one of the idiot that work there

Sorry. Just re-read the article and here is a link to it.
Thurrock Council agree new lorry park in Stanford-le-Hope - Your Thurrock
yourthurrock.com/2016/12/29/ … d-le-hope/

No more parking at Asda now. A group of foreign drivers having a 24hr break put paid to that. £75 fine if they catch you

lizard:

malcolmgbell:

lizard:

Sorry. Just re-read the article and here is a link to it.
Thurrock Council agree new lorry park in Stanford-le-Hope - Your Thurrock
yourthurrock.com/2016/12/29/ … d-le-hope/

Providing a maximum of 441 Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV) parking bays within a haulage yard and other parking facilities to support activities associated with London Gateway Port and Logistics Park.

Who finds u 75 quid, if asda dont prevent you from entering it is public land, the same as dp, thats y u have the fellow at the top of the road stopping the public from entering. It would be a public right of way.

malcolmgbell:
Who finds u 75 quid, if asda dont prevent you from entering it is public land, the same as dp, thats y u have the fellow at the top of the road stopping the public from entering. It would be a public right of way.

They’ve put it out to a contractor. Usual stuff, speculative invoices etc, but how many companies pay them and stop the drivers wages. Just be warned is all I say