Tilbury docks parking

Anywhere to park around here thats quiet?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Look for pub called ‘Worlds End’ (out of dock turn right I think it is) anywhere down that road, should be quiet on a Saturday.

Yep as said down by worlds end pub on fort road probably your best bet Closets to the docks what’s ever you do don’t park on the hard standing by the train station like some lorries do .As the council come round and ticket you or same again down park on the roads on the Asda estate as they are a clear way on them roads and the council will ticket you again . Their is also a lorry park on the big amazon estate behind what was travis Perkins site

trucker10:
Their is also a lorry park on the big amazon estate behind what was travis Perkins site

Is this it?

4A399231-8A3F-4BBC-8250-A606CF902ED0.jpg

Is that parking facility new?
Don’t tell me that common sense has finally prevailed somewhere,.and they have actually provided overnight truck parking facilities in an area that is widely used by trucks 24 hours a day. :open_mouth: …Wow!.
Who’d have thought of that as an idea eh? :unamused:
I could think of a few more places where that revolutionary concept could be applied. :unamused:

robroy:
Is that parking facility new?
Don’t tell me that common sense has finally prevailed somewhere,.and they have actually provided overnight truck parking facilities in an area that is widely used by trucks 24 hours a day. :open_mouth: …Wow!.
Who’d have thought of that as an idea eh? :unamused:
I could think of a few more places where that revolutionary concept could be applied. :unamused:

I’ve got away with parking actually within the docks before, but I was parked right outside our depot there :wink:
But it’s another thumbs up for me for the Worlds End…

Long time since I was at Worlds End, If you got a meal, they would give you a receipt for parking.

DAF95XF:

trucker10:
Their is also a lorry park on the big amazon estate behind what was travis Perkins site

Is this it?

There’s…

A lot of cars in truck slots in that picture.

I’m guessing it’s used as an ‘operating base’ for some local ODs and Willy Betz, Hungarocamion, Norbert Dentressangle?

DAF95XF:

trucker10:

Is this it?

Yeah that’s it

DAF95XF:

trucker10:

Is this it?

I think thats a Maritime yard.
I parked on Tilbury Docks once. Near Berth 33.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Long time since I was at Worlds End, If you got a meal, they would give you a receipt for parking.

That’s correct,.and didn’t one of our superstars tell our TM about it, so that little Avenue of pleasure was closed off for the rest of us :smiling_imp: …■■■■ drivers eh? :unamused:

Got there one night late, only place left was on the road end, so I squeezed in just behind the white line but right up to the truck parked behind me.
I sussed the job out and decided that he may have probs getting out in the morning, unless the truck behind him left first, so on my way down to the pub I put a note under his wiper apologising and telling him not to hesitate to give me a knock in the morning if he felt he could not get out…sorted.

Oh no, he thought it a better idea to struggle to get out, pull alongside me in the morning and hammer on my door calling me a ■■■■■ and drove off before I could jump up to reply… :unamused:

msgyorkie:

DAF95XF:

trucker10:

Is this it?

Martime yard used to be on fort road right by the worlds end pub but their new depot is on the new Gateway port

That’s correct,.and didn’t one of our superstars tell our TM about it, so that little Avenue of pleasure was closed off for the rest of us :smiling_imp: …[zb] drivers eh? :unamused: quote robroy…

i know you’ve said you have a nice little number rr but from past posts you do seem to work with a right bunch of tossers mate… :unamused: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
That’s correct,.and didn’t one of our superstars tell our TM about it, so that little Avenue of pleasure was closed off for the rest of us :smiling_imp: …[zb] drivers eh? :unamused: quote robroy…

i know you’ve said you have a nice little number rr but from past posts you do seem to work with a right bunch of tossers mate… :unamused: :laughing:

I couldn’t possibly comment. :smiley:

Ok, Tbf, there are one or two that are ok, but I do try and keep myself to myself with the rest.
I say hiya, and that’s about it, no time for yes men, arse crawlers or tear arse idits out to make a name for themselves…that name usually begins with ‘C’…and it ain’t Colin. :laughing:

If I ain’t very popular with the rest, I sure as hell ain’t gonna lose any sleep over it.
I’m one of those guys that if I like somebody I make it clear, but by same token, if I don’t I make it twice as clear. :smiley:
The wife often says to me…‘You were a bit rude with him were you not’ and my reply is ‘Yeh, because I don’t ■■■■■■ like him’. :blush: :smiley:

fair comment mate… i’m very similar when out with swmbo and meet somebody i know have a bit of pointless chatter and i end it by saying " your boring me now gotta go" bye, her face is a picture of total embarrasment, me heading for the nearest pub and me mates who are of similar persona… :wink: :sunglasses:

trucker10:

msgyorkie:

DAF95XF:

trucker10:

Is this it?

Martime yard used to be on fort road right by the worlds end pub but their new depot is on the new Gateway port

I put some cabins in this yard earlier this year. Im sure its a maritime satalite yard.

If you dont have a trailer (I try and drop my trailer in the dock if I know I have an overnight) you can easily park in the car park of the Worlds End, if you do (have to)take your trailer, you may struggle a bit turning and finding a space.

We can still put in a parking receipt at our lot…

I parked in the docks once, ran out of time after a particularly convoluted collection from Forest Products, and parked at the end of the checking lane. If you do park in the docks, make sure that security know about it, than they wont bother you.

Ive parked in docks with a car transporter many a time, loading out of there next day, if you sensible about where you park and don’t make a fuss it’s ok.

trucker10:

msgyorkie:

DAF95XF:

trucker10:

Is this it?

They are back in tilbury