Tick Tacho

I have been swapping trucks for the last couple of hrs of my shift, the truck in question is preloaded for when I get back from doing another trunk. After driving a few moments I get a “time loop overlap”, I have noticed this truck is in UK time and the other UTC time. I don’t change clock settings “don’t know how”.

I asked one driver who thought that the clocks might be out of sync and I have to wait for one to “catch up” with the other before I can put my card in. i.e a few minutes out. I just put the card in and didn’t check times I thought they were calibrated or something, he also said I could be in for an infringement.

I do straight trunking so nothing more complicated than 15/30 = 45 in 4.5hrs. I’ve only swapped trucks a few times in the past and had no problems before. I will admit to only using the tacho in a basic way, Switching to break mode or x hammers on a load or tip and don’t use poa mode. Know the theory of manual entries but don’t use them and don’t like messing about incase I ■■■■ some setting up or select the wrong thing. Tacho’s have a habit of “no backs” once you ok things in my limited experience. Not good for those brain ■■■■ moments. :laughing:

Redrorry:
I have been swapping trucks for the last couple of hrs of my shift, the truck in question is preloaded for when I get back from doing another trunk. After driving a few moments I get a “time loop overlap”, I have noticed this truck is in UK time and the other UTC time. I don’t change clock settings “don’t know how”.

I asked one driver who thought that the clocks might be out of sync and I have to wait for one to “catch up” with the other before I can put my card in. i.e a few minutes out. I just put the card in and didn’t check times I thought they were calibrated or something, he also said I could be in for an infringement.

I do straight trunking so nothing more complicated than 15/30 = 45 in 4.5hrs. I’ve only swapped trucks a few times in the past and had no problems before. I will admit to only using the tacho in a basic way, Switching to break mode or x hammers on a load or tip and don’t use poa mode. Know the theory of manual entries but don’t use them and don’t like messing about incase I [zb] some setting up or select the wrong thing. Tacho’s have a habit of “no backs” once you ok things in my limited experience. Not good for those brain ■■■■ moments. :laughing:

It doesn’t matter about the UTC or local time, all recording s are based on the UTC times.

A driver can only alter the actual time by one minute per week, so if it is a long way out it needs to be booked into a tacho workshop. However they allow 20 mins either way before that is necessary.

When you’re next in either of the vehicles before inserting your card press OK on a Siemens tachograph to reach the “Driver 1 Printout” display then press the down arrow until you get to the display “Entry vehicle” then press OK, from memory you now scroll down until you reach the display “UTC time” then press OK.

You can now check if the time is correct and alter it by one minute each week if it’s not.
Be aware that once you’ve altered it by +/- one minute you cannot change it back for another week, so get it right first time :wink:

The time loop overlap is nothing to worry about as long as it’s less than 20 minutes, if one of the tachographs is more than 20 minutes out on the UTC time you need to take it to a tachograph centre to be corrected.

tachograph:
The time loop overlap is nothing to worry about as long as it’s less than 20 minutes, if one of the tachographs is more than 20 minutes out on the UTC time you need to take it to a tachograph centre to be corrected.

Thanks for that tachograph, so this something my company should be fixing and nothing to do with me i.e it’s not something a driver could get infringements for, the other person told me it was my responsibility to check the times and wait x amount of minutes for the slower tacho to read more than the withdrawal time of the truck I had withdrawn the card from (confusing :confused: ). This person was in supervisory position and also said the software will show an infringment for the missing time. :imp:

I would suppose if the tacho is more than 20 minutes out I would just defect the tacho/truck.

Redrorry:

tachograph:

Thanks for that tachograph, so this something my company should be fixing and nothing to do with me i.e it’s not something a driver could get infringements for, the other person told me it was my responsibility to check the times and wait x amount of minutes for the slower tacho to read more than the withdrawal time of the truck I had withdrawn the card from (confusing :confused: ). This person was in supervisory position and also said the software will show an infringment for the missing time. :imp:

I would suppose if the tacho is more than 20 minutes out I would just defect the tacho/truck.

I’m not sure if analysis would show missing time or the time loop overlap but if you get an infringement for it I suggest that you point out to the supervisor that the time difference has been brought to their attention and should have been fixed.

I’ve never before heard anyone suggest that you should check the UTC time before inserting a driver card, I’m not sure how many drivers would even know how to so perhaps you should ask your supervisor to show you, I suspect from what you’ve written that he wouldn’t be able to, on the other hand if he does know how to check it ask him why he hasn’t fixed the bloody thing since it’s been reported then :laughing:

There’s nothing stopping a driver from correcting the UTC time by one minute per week but if you’re not comfortable changing it get someone else to do it (like your supervisor for instance :wink: ) but whatever you do it might as well be fixed, after-all it’s not going to cost anything :wink:

If the UTC time on a vehicle is more than 20 minutes out then the vehicle should be defected and taken to a tachograph centre as soon as practical.

edit:
Thinking about it I wouldn’t have thought you could have missing time with a time loop overlap, surely a time loop overlap means that you’ve got two different activities showing for the same time not that you’ve got missing time :confused:

Thanks for the help Tachograph, I’m just relieved that it’s not an infringement issue. :smiley: