Thurrock night out parking?

Got a night out tomorrow and will need to be within half hour or so of Thurrock and I don’t really fancy the services, my lot pay for parking so money not a problem and I’ll be coming up from Morrison’s at Sittingbourne.
Any help would be appreciated as I’m not too familier with that part of the world.

Thurrock services or titan truckstop on Oliver Road. I prefer the services to the truckstop myself as it is quieter (coop have trailers shunting in and out). Anywhere in between will fill up early and around there is prime diesel theft country. Myself, I would stay in Sittingbourne as you are not much more than half hour away from Thurrock anyway.

You could try this place.

Titan Truck Stop.
Oliver Road
West Thurrock
RM17 5DU

I’ve not tried it but it seems busy enough.

might be worth phoning up and booking a place…last time i went there i was told it was full.however when i turned round in the yard i noticed empty spaces.
i was on for stobarts at the time and i could`nt help thinking that was something to do with it…it was just the way he grunted “full” as i pulled up to the window :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe the empty spaces were for people who “had” booked.

more than likely…but i just had a feeling i was`nt welcome

commonrail:
might be worth phoning up and booking a place…last time i went there i was told it was full.however when i turned round in the yard i noticed empty spaces.
i was on for stobarts at the time and i could`nt help thinking that was something to do with it…it was just the way he grunted “full” as i pulled up to the window :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be done by early afternoon and its a Friday so should get in ok thanks.

skids:
Thurrock services or titan truckstop on Oliver Road. I prefer the services to the truckstop myself as it is quieter (coop have trailers shunting in and out). Anywhere in between will fill up early and around there is prime diesel theft country. Myself, I would stay in Sittingbourne as you are not much more than half hour away from Thurrock anyway.

Thurrock services quite are they ?

bald bloke:

theres a burger type van on site...but dont be fooled,the food is actually very good.the woman who run it make 2 or 3 things fresh every day .eg,lasagne or curry and they are offered with a nice crisp salad which is a proper salad…not just a bit of lettuce and cucumber :laughing:
showers are in a portacabin,but they are well maintained and clean…enjoy your stay :sunglasses:

commonrail:

bald bloke:

theres a burger type van on site...but dont be fooled,the food is actually very good.the woman who run it make 2 or 3 things fresh every day .eg,lasagne or curry and they are offered with a nice crisp salad which is a proper salad…not just a bit of lettuce and cucumber :laughing:
showers are in a portacabin,but they are well maintained and clean…enjoy your stay :sunglasses:

Ta very much.

havent been on nights out for several years but i used to stop in truckworld , i take it they are shut as no one has memtioned them . was a purpose built truckstop had a few good nights there back around 99 - 2000 .

Titan truckstop is your best bet.£15 to park iirc, if you get there early ask if you can park “in the pen” :wink:

bald bloke:
Ta very much.

oh btw.there`s a bit of a parking area on the right before you go through the barrier…much quieter there

mexicostids:
havent been on nights out for several years but i used to stop in truckworld , i take it they are shut as no one has memtioned them . was a purpose built truckstop had a few good nights there back around 99 - 2000 .

Truckworld is now a Royal Mail depot.

Scott M:
Titan truckstop is your best bet.£15 to park iirc, if you get there early ask if you can park “in the pen” :wink:

That could be good, does that money include any kind of meal voucher as I do like a free meal off the company if possible.

fodentanker:

mexicostids:

Truckworld is now a Royal Mail depot.

truckworld was a great night out in the 90s shame its gone

At Titan ask to park " on the sea wall", Its immediatley left after the barrier and follow your nose around the back of the building thats infont of you as you turn left. In the morning if you start after 6.00 theres a good portakabin cafe round there that only the regulars know about and theres showers etc there too. Its a hundred and fifty yards after you turn left after the entrance barrier then a left and quick right at the end, the portakabin is on the right and you,ll see all the Eldiss wagons and Irish fridges parked up. The Cafe is nippin clean and much better hthan the dive at the gatehouse

what about Farthing Corner services (its called something different now, but i dont know what, 1st and only services on M2, nr A249 split)on the M2? i would stop there rather than anywhere round Thurrock area.

I parked there a couple of years ago, it seemed to me that you had to be ‘one of them’ to be spoken to properley. When asking “where do you want me to park”, the reply came as if I’d asked the guy to walk down the yard and show me. It was right at the back of the yard which is a fair whack and it’s not a straight forward yard. There’s not a lot of places you can park around there though is there ! Shame about truckworld, another one to add to the list…I always liked West Brom which is now a battered old interlink depot.

If you go for Thurrock services there is the HGV bit at the back, just follow the ‘car’ park if the main HGV section is rammed! The back HGV park is much quieter than the main HGV area.