Thurrock cabin now closed

WTF is up with the council■■?

Mr.Shep:
WTF is up with the council■■?

It,s simple the Thurrock council are totally anti-truck, they close parks without replacements, and impose parking restrictions on all the surrounding ind. estates, even though a large part of their economy is generated by the haulage industry, a similar situation exists in the Dover area, which is more- so transport ind dependant, try coming off the ferry with 10to20mins driving time left and look for a suitable parking place.

When the Rabbits was the inn :wink: place to be, the local businesses on the estate actively encouraged parking as it was unpaid security for their premises. Things soon changed when someone started clamping vehicles

didnt the titan just open not so long back :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The cabin at Thurrock is now closed. The local council have closed it down and boarded it up. The parking area is blocked so no parking there now!
The council turned up when my mate was there and told all trucks to move off immediately. He was talking to the council guy and was told that all laybys in the area are going to be 2 hour maximum wait as well so all that will leave is the services (which are already overcrowded).

What a shame.
Not the best looking place, if you had never been before, but always busy and with evening meals and a pub or 3 within walking distance it will be a big loss.
Thurrock council are still in the process of shutting down Titan truck stop, which is just around the corner. I think it is still open for now but not for long.

I suppose we can all go n park a Dale farm! Where do there expect us to park.

Good food & friendly staff -top of the list for closure.

Mr B:
I suppose we can all go n park a Dale farm! Where do there expect us to park.

They don,t EXPECT us to park ANYWHERE, truth is simple :bulb: They do not give a #### !!

It was always a favourite of mine for the weekend and was handy enough for the launderette, Morrisons, 3 good pubs and a newsagent.

Great Loss, even the breakfast was decent