Thruxton truck racing

Hi all, went to Thruxton for the w/e and watched some fantastic racing. Stu Oliver was dominant as usual but Olivier Robineau(Fra) gave him a good run for his money. When Dave Jenks’s SISU was running it was super quick and as fast and Steve Horne was doing well too. All in all an excellent meeting unfortunately marred by the death of Kevin Lloyd in the Clio Cup Race on Sat afternoon, I’m sure all motorsport fans will join me in extendening our condolenses to his family.

To all who made the meeting possible WELL DONE on an excellent job, it only makes me more determined to convince the “BANK MANAGER” that I need to build a race truck to go play in, BOYS AND THEIR TOYS. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I will post pics as soon as they have been developed( yes the old way). :blush:

cheers for now
GEARJAMMER

Being a fan of truck racing, i’ll be looking forward to the pics Gearjammer, are there going to be any race’s in September?, I’ll be over from the 15th till the 28th.

Hi Cliff this link will give you all the info you need. There is one still to be confirmed which will hopefully be in your time frame.
btra.org/

I have just seen some pictures of Thruxton,but these were of show trucks,i never knew that there was like a mini truckfest there aswell,is this normal,can anyone give me any info,thankyou :smiley:

I used to be at every truck Gp at Silverstone or Brands Hatch and loved every minute. Who was the guy in the ERF team who was unbeatable in the 80’s :question: ‘Willy’ somebody
Once saw him pull into the pits with a ragging engine fire and sit calmly as the crew put it out, then he carried on and won yet another race. Speaking from expetience of ERF’s if that ahd been me I would have jumped and ran a mile, when the cab burns … it burns baby :exclamation: :exclamation:

gearjammer:
Hi Cliff this link will give you all the info you need. There is one still to be confirmed which will hopefully be in your time frame.
btra.org/

Cheers Gearjammer :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
I used to be at every truck Gp at Silverstone or Brands Hatch and loved every minute. Who was the guy in the ERF team who was unbeatable in the 80’s :question: ‘Willy’ somebodyquote]

Not sure Pat but I think it was “Sideways” Willy Green. He races variious types of car’s Historics to Saloons in his own sideways style. Do you remember that Kenworth that I believe a Dutchman raced that flexed its chassis until he took quite a length of it for the next season.
The ERF I think was sponsered by “Silkolene” Oils & I’m not sure Willy Green also drove a JCB entered Historic racer at one time. Do you remember the “JCB GT” that did a demontration at Silverstone.

I have just seen some pictures of Thruxton,but these were of show trucks,i never knew that there was like a mini truckfest there aswell,is this normal,can anyone give me any info,thankyou

hi mad28 yes there were about fifty or so trucks on show and they were judged as well. I managed to get a bunch of photies of those as well and will post as soon as i get the cd back from developing. some real beauties there. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: unfortunately i missed the prizegiving for the show trucks as i was too far away and by the time i got down there they were finished. :imp: :imp: :imp:

cheers
gearjammer

gearjammer:
hi mad28 yes there were about fifty or so trucks on show and they were judged as well. I managed to get a bunch of photies of those as well and will post as soon as i get the cd back from developing. some real beauties there. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: unfortunately i missed the prizegiving for the show trucks as i was too far away and by the time i got down there they were finished. :imp: :imp: :imp:

cheers
gearjammer

Thanks for the reply gearjammer,i wish i had known because i would of tried to go,it would of been great to see the truck racing and show trucks all together,ill have to wait till next year now :cry: ,cant wait to see the pics,thanks for the reply :smiley:

Thanks Colin, it was Willy Green and he had a black ‘Silcolene’ ERF. :sunglasses: