Throttle hesitation

Hello all. as you can see i’m a new member :smiley: , I own a DAF 85 CF 2008 360, manual 16 sp ZF. The last couple of days a slight hesitation under gentle acceleration has developed, also the cruise control has gone intermittent. There are times it will work then suddenly turn itself off… May it be the throttle position sensor ?.

Could be many things ,ie tacho sender intermittent fault will disengage cruise …do you get any warnings on the DIP or Tacho?

There isn’t a stone at the bottom of the brake pedal is there?

No stones that i can see. No warnings lights at all :confused: . Any thoughts regards the throttle hesitation… :confused:

Don’t know much about DAF, but VOLVOS I’ve had with similar symptoms usually ended up needing a new throttle pedal/potentiometer assembly.

dont gently accelerate.
nail it to the floor 4 seconds earlier than your brain tells you to and you should be fine.

AJ@1711:
Hello all. as you can see i’m a new member :smiley: , I own a DAF 85 CF 2008 360, manual 16 sp ZF. The last couple of days a slight hesitation under gentle acceleration has developed, also the cruise control has gone intermittent. There are times it will work then suddenly turn itself off… May it be the throttle position sensor ?.

Not the same model, but we had a LF 12 tonner on our fleet that had similar problems. Then it got a lot worse - failing completely to respond to the throttle on occasions. Called out a Daf technician who plugged in his laptop and diagnosed a failed pedal potentiometer. He scampered off and got a new one and soon I was on my way. Then it did exactly the same thing the next day. Problem turned out to be the wiring loom where it flexes as the cab moves…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

As a general observation…most of these tricky problems which seem to occur on more and more vehicles of all sizes now, are down to wiring and/or connectors.

The lap top diagnosis will indicate (expensive) components are are fault (usually if they are it’s only because cheapo wiring has spiked them). But it’s normally just the wires, or the connectors. If the former was better quality and routed with more care and the latter were treated with dieletric grease, or even just sprayed with ACF 50 on assembly, most of these issues wouldn’t occur.

But then…the only profitable bit of most truck dealers is parts and service.

Roymondo:

AJ@1711:

Not the same model, but we had a LF 12 tonner on our fleet that had similar problems. Then it got a lot worse - failing completely to respond to the throttle on occasions. Called out a Daf technician who plugged in his laptop and diagnosed a failed pedal potentiometer. He scampered off and got a new one and soon I was on my way. Then it did exactly the same thing the next day. Problem turned out to be the wiring loom where it flexes as the cab moves…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hello, are you referring to the main loom that enters into the cab on the near side ?. The hesitation seams to be of a constant rate…doesnt change at all. Thats why i thought of the throttle position sensor.

Hello all, my 2008 CF 85 has developed when cold a searching idle !!. Also when cold the engine is a little noisier. Any suggestions please…

Old John:
Don’t know much about DAF, but VOLVOS I’ve had with similar symptoms usually ended up needing a new throttle pedal/potentiometer assembly.

Same with Scania 4 series I had