Three wipers

Certain lorrys had 3 windscreen wipers .
Can remember driving an F7 with them, i think Fiats used the set up.
Was it because said vehicles had shallow windscreens ?
Couldn’t see the point to be honest.

Plenty of trucks have 3 wipers: ERF, DAF
Get a nice clear screen with the overlap

ERF had 3 wiper blades Dafs still do

Tango boy - must be my twin - separated at birth :laughing:

So it wasn’t a gimmic then, more of a safety feature.

SedAkis had three wipers, The were a bit troublesome you had to check them to make sure that the linkage stayed tight otherwise they could wear the bit of the cab away below the windsrceen Too heavy IMO For the wiper motor to cope with,Regards Larry.

I’d sooner have 2 wipers any day ,I’ve replaced plenty of those ERF wiper shaft stubs ,it’s easier to remove the heater matrix than to struggle ,even then you need to saw your hand off and put back on 180 degrees round to do the job !

Punchy Dan:
I’d sooner have 2 wipers any day ,I’ve replaced plenty of those ERF wiper shaft stubs ,it’s easier to remove the heater matrix than to struggle ,even then you need to saw your hand off and put back on 180 degrees round to do the job !

That’s be the E series?
You can access the EC from the front grill

Toddy2:

Punchy Dan:

That’s be the E series?

E for Excellence, except for the wipers :unamused:

Found the leak in my heater matrix Dan :frowning:

Remember the top mounted wipers on a Leyland Fg.
Bit of a git driving in heavy snow because they swept towards each other and met in the middle.

Toddy2:

Punchy Dan:

That’s be the E series?

Dan hasn’t caught up with EC series yet, matey.
And don’t let him kid you- folks from his part of the world are born with their hands back to front. It’s a natural trait, not a conversion. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Toddy2:

Punchy Dan:

That’s be the E series?

And don’t let him kid you- folks from his part of the world are born with their hands back to front. It’s a natural trait, not a conversion. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

You do like living on the edge don’t you ? Don’t upset Middleton folks Casey , they chuck spears at you at the slightest provocation .

Retired Old ■■■■:

Toddy2:

Punchy Dan:

That’s be the E series?

They are too modern ,that’s why I let my dads last one go , iam off to sharpen my spear :laughing: and boil some oil up :smiling_imp:

I’m not that bothered about the spear attack, chaps- you lot have to throw them “underhand”, don’t forget!

Just a little more seriously, the EC ■■■■■■■ that I used to drive was a really nice motor except after some serious jet washing on a Saturday. I could almost guarantee that the following Monday would see me sat on the hard shoulder. waiting for the ERF technician with his laptop to reset the ECU. The control box was mounted at the rear of the engine, just in the right place to collect a good stream of water! Experience led me to wrap the little black box in a plastic bag before doing the housework. :wink: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I’m not that bothered about the spear attack, chaps- you lot have to throw them “underhand”, don’t forget!

Just a little more seriously, the EC ■■■■■■■ that I used to drive was a really nice motor except after some serious jet washing on a Saturday. I could almost guarantee that the following Monday would see me sat on the hard shoulder. waiting for the ERF technician with his laptop to reset the ECU. The control box was mounted at the rear of the engine, just in the right place to collect a good stream of water! Experience led me to wrap the little black box in a plastic bag before doing the housework. :wink: :wink:

ROF, I’ve always said washing motors is a waste of time as they only get dirty again, now you’ve proved me right!
Bernard

Retired Old ■■■■:

So what do these spotty kids with Laptops actually do? Is there a need for a laptop, or is it all smoke & mirrors?
Years ago, I bought a BMW, one of the first with the big plug socket on top of the engine,
Had to go to the main dealers to be plugged into a Bosch Diagnostic machine, like the size of a garden shed with knobs & Dials & wires coming out of it,
The guy would say, Ah I see it mis-fired 3 weeks ago, but it has corrected itself. All good now, just need to re-set your service lights (that bit used to cost £75)

Then you could buy these little gizmo’s in the back of the custom car mags that let you re-set your own service lights,
Then years later I found out that if you straightened out a paper clip, made a U shape, you could short across something like pins 2 & 5 and that did the job.

Later on a had another BMW (E46 ?) on that you just pushed a coupe of things (Maybe the indicator stalk & the trip button) and that re-set the service indicator.

Foden air wipers, what a boon to the motoring world they were

In these 2 line ups of Pollocks Units Old & New. They all have 2 Wiper Blades except the DAF at the end.

Some cars have a triple wiper set-up nowadays as well. The Jaguar E Type had them years ago of course.

Pete.