Three in a cab training

hi, when out on the road i have seen training vehicles with the driver (obviously driving) and the instructor sat in the passenger seat then another student sat on the bunk in the middle, how can that be legal? i thought u all had to have a seatbelt on, cant be safe if u had an accident, surely the guy sat on the bunk would be out through the windscreen, when i did my class 2 and class 1 the vehicles had a double passenger seat.

Saw one of Leconfields finest trainers just yesterday with two pupils in the cab. The trainer had both feet up on the dash against the windscreen slouched back in the seat.

Settting a superb example to his students! :laughing:

hotrod_boogie:
how can that be legal? i thought u all had to have a seatbelt on

IIRC the seatbelt requirement applies to ‘forward facing seats’, which this isn’t so could be legal. I agree it’s not safe though.

:smiley: could be, but when you have passed your test i went out with a supermarket in a training lorry of their own, there was 2 of us on the assement drive an the middle seat was properly fixed where the bunk goes with a seat belt, so this would be legal :stuck_out_tongue:

i wouldnt be happy sat on the bunk while the other guy did his driving

:sunglasses: haha i sat in the seat for a while and it is a nice view!

from July 1st this year - sitting on the bunk is NOT allowed - but they have not ruled out lying on the bunk - weird or what?

The truck I learned in had the bunk removed and an extra seat added on the engine hump, so from the outside it would appear that the third person was sitting on the bunk, whereas they were actually sitting in a seat with the seatbelt on.