Three in a bed

Well not really but can anyone give a point of view on three people being asked to travel in a cab with two seats - one of who has to sit on the bunk.

I reckoned it was illegal, but then thought that if two drivers were double manning one could sleep on the bunk while the other was driving or am I wrong there?

:laughing: At one of the places I used to work we had a very large fleet of same make units. Every 6 weeks after we’d finished on a Friday night we all used to take our wagons down to the dealer for them to be serviced and one of the night agency drivers would bring us all back to the yard in his unit. The most we’ve had is 7 of us in one unit, which was a bit of squeeze but a damned good laugh! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

We manged 7 as well snoozecontrol but it was in my mates eurostar.
He was the nominated driver from the mercabarna down to the Ramblas in Barcelona for a night on the beer…

Good job as well. I woke up on the floor next the open drivers door of my Scanny with Spaniards wandering past and laffing :blush: :blush: :blush:

just a point here ,this year the Germans brought in a new
LAW that you are only allowed to carry as many people
as their are seats ,in/or/on the vehicle UNLESS it is being
used for a Carnival and a permit has been issued,
AND yes we have done a trip from MODENA via AUSTRIA
back to Rhur-pott area, with 4 in the cab,as we left 3lorrys
in the factory for Christmass break,

davecsm:
Well not really but can anyone give a point of view on three people being asked to travel in a cab with two seats - one of who has to sit on the bunk.

I reckoned it was illegal, but then thought that if two drivers were double manning one could sleep on the bunk while the other was driving or am I wrong there?

If the cab had 3 seats then it is’nt illegal, if the cab only had 2 seats then it is most defiantly illegal.

Also if you are double manning they should be some sort of restraint for when he is asleep on the bunk.

In the UK, (at least it was the case when I last looked) restraints are only required for persons occupying ‘forward facing’ seats. Longitudinal bench seats and ‘occasional’ side facing seats in SUV’s do not require restraints.

The only offence that might cover it is under Con & Use with regard to ‘unsuitable vehicle’, but that tends to be used more so when DIY aficionado decides to transport lengths of 4x2 protruding from the N/S/F window.

brit_mark:

davecsm:

If the cab had 3 seats then it is’nt illegal, if the cab only had 2 seats then it is most defiantly illegal.

Also if you are double manning they should be some sort of restraint for when he is asleep on the bunk.

I had so many witty comments in my head as i hit the quote button, but I figure that mark meant definitely illegal.
Then the images of restraints on the bunk popped into my head and…
even smiley doesn’t have enough dots to cover everything!