Thoughts Please

A TRUCKER killed himself because he feared he had been zapped by a speed camera and was about to lose the job he loved.

courtesy of the Sun.

What would drive anyone to kill themselves for this? It is a short ban and you keep your licence on appeal. No appeal here! :frowning: :frowning:

Could have been just the last straw in a list of other problems. Without knowing more itā€™s kinda hard to say how the poor guy was feeling. My heart goes out to his family, must be rough.

Yep a very sad case of affairs
hereā€™s the story courtesy of trucknet

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2047

Yeah I read yhis today, rather tragic dont ya think!! I remeber a man who had been driving for 40 yrs being put off the roaddue to ill health. With an year that guy died. After being put off the road, he didnt know how to live a ā€˜normalā€™ life. Thats ā€œdriving in the bloodā€ to an extreme!!

Condolences to his family!!

Kev

What makes this even sadder is that not only have his family & friends had his death to cope with, but also national press coverage.
The sad reality is that it was such an uninportant thing to tip the scales.

just read this story, my heart goes out to the family and friends of this driver.surely the dvla should have informed this driver that the points had been removed from his licence and mayby this traggic accident might not have happened. :cry:

I saw this on the news. Something like this touches so many people. It was quite sobering to see.

who said speed cameras save livesā€¦ive had 3months with same worry about loosing my licence,job,business,as ive bee through 3 sat on motrway bridges,if i loose my licence i loose evey thing,its too easy to pick on people like us who do 4-5 times more motoring than joe public,if its your job you should get a bigger fine no pointsā€¦

we had a lad that worked for us, he lost his licence for speeding.no one else to blame heā€™s the one behind the wheel. but he went and spoke to the gaffer and told him the situation. the boss put him in the warehouse for the 6months that he had no licence.so please lads donā€™t get to depressed go and speak to your boss he/she might be able to help youā€™s out.after this guys 6month was up he was back behind the wheel on his normal run,it flew past. there is light at the end of the tunnel. you only need to speak to someone :wink:

I worked for a company who lost one of his drivers in a similar way. He went through a messy divorce, and took to drinking to ease the pain. He got busted for driving over the limit and in the end drank a bottle of whisky and drove his wagon into Leith docks in Edinburgh - when he was still behind the wheel. Needless to say his truck sank like a stone and he drowned. What a way to go - God rest his lonely soul! :frowning:

My sympathies to all of them concerned in this. But, I got to say like Tomcat, there might well have been a lot more to it and this was just the thing that pushed him over the edge. Whatever, its always sad anyway.

Mal.