Thoughts on this tire?

Without knowing how deep it is I’d say serviceable from that picture.

I’d run with it, I’d keep an eye on it though making sure it doesn’t get any worse.

Although if I was in doubt I’d send that picture to the office and let them make the call.

Looks ok, can’t see how deep it is though.

plz plz think of the children before you take it out on the road thankyou :smiley:

Its a tyre

if there’s no chords (or cords) ■■? exposed then its ok.

I’d run with that. The tyre band is very thick at that part so unless you can see any cords it would be ok.

if your worried just pop past a tyre place and just ask :wink:

scotstrucker:
plz plz think of the children before you take it out on the road thankyou

I worry about statements like that … your not a member of the catholic church are you :open_mouth: :wink:

Tire should be TYRE…the lump would give a bump…bump…ride…and it looks like theres a nail head just behind the lump

It was deep enough. I could just see the shiny metal with a bit of digging. Office said, Na carry on. I said nope ain’t happening. “Hello ATS?” I did learn something from them mind. Even if you have a damaged side wall then that’s fine apparently? WTF!

My thoughts are - it’s damaged, I’m no expert though, just giving my humble opinion.

If cord can only just be exposed with a lot of digging and the cut is under 25mm that should still be ok.

With a tyre injury like that the main risk is rubber letting go and hitting another road user there is no chance of the tyre letting go.

Black tiger seal it back together will stop water corroding the cords and save ditching a tyre with life left in it.

Bulges, tears and cuts where you can see the tyre is trying to force them further open are all the end for that tyre though.

Own Account Driver:
If cord can only just be exposed with a lot of digging and the cut is under 25mm that should still be ok.

With a tyre injury like that the main risk is rubber letting go and hitting another road user there is no chance of the tyre letting go.

Black tiger seal it back together will stop water corroding the cords and save ditching a tyre with life left in it.

Bulges, tears and cuts where you can see the tyre is trying to force them further open are all the end for that tyre though.

Concise.

turn it and sling it on the inside…then carry on regardless. :wink:

Looking at the ironmongery behind the tyre, I’m guessing its front steer axle, what also makes me think that is that it appears from the picture, to have fair bit off wear on the shoulder. If it were my choice and if its on a unit with a mid-lift I’d have that chucked onto the mid-lift, wear its days out there :wink:

Don’t like the thought off that on a steer axle, regardless off chord showing or not :wink:

About as good as this one I saw at Fishguard the other week.

I wouldn’t be leaving the yard with that, safety first ! ! !

Personally I wouldn’t take it out. Even if there was no visible cords, It’s a decent size chunk out of a tyre. If you um and ah about it then get it changed. Drivers call.