Thoughts on this route

Well I’ve not done the centre of London ,but one of the places I’m likely to go is some building site near elephant and castle ,now I can be running upto 16 ft 3 ,so f it’s that height I’ll be comming down m1 ,m25 ,a10 then over tower bridge ,I can’t see any bridges on that route but map ( Philips ) isn’t the clearest ,does that sound ok ,what about congestion charge ,low emission zone ,I assume it will be dinner time ,afternoon when I get there .
N.b be gentle on me :wink:
Oh yea is tower bridge ok ,is there a weight limit ,can see anything on map :question: ta

Tower bridge has an 18tonne weight limit.

Conan the Librarian:
Tower bridge has an 18tonne weight limit.

Ta ,start again, and it looked so easy :wink:

Try Southwark Bridge.
Over the Thames through the Lights past the Shell garage, left at the lights. At Borough Tube Station lights turn right. Elephant and Castle is straight ahead.
Lots of roadworks currently,

No height restrictions
No weight restrictions
Fantastic view of London?

Why the A10 ?

Dan Punchard:
Why the A10 ?

From the map it looked pretty much straight up from tower bridge and vice- versa ,but know knowing I can’t use tower bridge ( I’ve no doubt it’s right but can’t see a limit on map ,I’ll look for alternative route in ,the maximum 16 ft 3 has thrown a spanner in works though as not sure of height of load until I get to pick it up ,thanks for advice on using s/ bridge ,I’ll look at that ,thanks again

If it’s the Laing o rourke site u are delivering to in Elephant road I would approach it from Vauxhall Bridge vier Kennington lane (A3204) then A3 into Elephant castle upto main roundabout come back on yourself Take the A215 Walworth road go under the railway arches then take 1st left onto Elephant road the job comes up on right the traffic marshalls will point u in right direction . I’m assuming u are bring precast out EIP ( Explore manufacturing ). U can also approach it from Southwark bridge I’ve done both but only done that when coming in from A13 direction . If I was coming from north would do Vauxhall Bridge .

Greggo:
If it’s the Laing o rourke site u are delivering to in Elephant road I would approach it from Vauxhall Bridge vier Kennington lane (A3204) then A3 into Elephant castle upto main roundabout come back on yourself Take the A215 Walworth road go under the railway arches then take 1st left onto Elephant road the job comes up on right the traffic marshalls will point u in right direction . I’m assuming u are bring precast out EIP ( Explore manufacturing ). U can also approach it from Southwark bridge I’ve done both but only done that when coming in from A13 direction . If I was coming from north would do Vauxhall Bridge .

Thanks greggo your a star :smiley: :smiley: ,and thanks to everyone else as well :smiley:

A10 Bruce Grove 15’9", A10 South Tottenham High st 15’9", A10 Kingsland rd 16’ 3", A10 Shoreditch High st 14’ 9"

Dan Punchard:
Why the A10 ?

I wouldn’t use A10. Slow and there is a very low weight limit just north of Dalston Junction. Think it is 7.5t not sure. I’d go M1 A1 down Holloway road over Blackfriars Bridge. You’d be going through congestion charge though and I’m not sure about heights but think it is ok. ?

Yep,turn right at rosebery ave then left onto a201 farringdon rd.
Over blackfriars and follow your nose.

dozy:

Greggo:

Thanks greggo your a star :smiley: :smiley: ,and thanks to everyone else as well :smiley:

No worries I’ve been Elephant road myself a few times . if your going into London on regular basis beware of London lorry ban rules and times too as that can catch u out as I think Southwark bridge falls into it ? Though the night and before 6 in the morning .