Thoughts on driver-facing cameras?

I’m interested in getting thoughts and opinions from drivers on driver-facing cameras? Take a look at this piece we wrote on our website and let me know your views on them - we understand views are mixed!
anthonyjones.com/are-they-legal … pros-cons/

==========================

This topic from a forum sponsor is OK’ed by Admin. dd.

This is in the operators forum, be more response I would expect in the main drivers forum.

iguana:
This is in the operators forum, be more response I would expect in the main drivers forum.

Thanks, that’s a fair point, so we’ve also placed it in this forum.

Sarah from AJ:
I’m interested in getting thoughts and opinions from drivers on driver-facing cameras? Take a look at this piece we wrote on our website and let me know your views on them - we understand views are mixed!

@O/P…

This subject has been done to death on here countless times in the past.

Put it in the ‘SEARCH’ facility., you will get all the answers you need. :bulb:
It will go something like this…:

On one hand the more experienced,.switched on,.and astute amongst us can cut through the crap.and see what they are really for/about.

On the other hand the servile yes men among us will swallow and repeat the company b/s used to sell the idea, and tell us they are ‘‘for our benefit’,.followed by ‘If you are doing nothing wrong what is the problem with them’’.

Then in between the 2 extremes, …we will be reminded that every High st has cameras now,.so no difference…although there clearly is.

So there it is …a condensed precis of it all saving hours of debate.
You’re welcome. :sunglasses:

robroy:

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

On one hand the more experienced,.switched on,.and astute amongst us can cut through the crap.and see what they are really for/about.

On the other hand the servile yes men among us will swallow and repeat the company b/s used to sell the idea, and tell us they are ‘‘for our benefit’,.followed by ‘If you are doing nothing wrong what is the problem with them’’.

Then in between the 2 extremes, …we will be reminded that every High st has cameras now,.so no difference…although there clearly is.

And the other thing, I get paid by the hour merchants so it doesn’t effect me

robroy:

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

What are they ‘really for’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my firm want to install driver facing cameras they can . If they do I’ll leave . If they don’t trust me I have no desire or need to sit like a performing parrot in front of a camera all day.
Others can justify cameras if they so wish , for me its a simple trust issue ,if my employers feel I need to be watched for whatever reason that tells me they don’t trust me . The minute I feel I’m not trusted to do my job I’ll pack up my gear and bring the truck back to the yard , clear it out and go home .

frankspencer:
[ :laughing: quote=“robroy”]

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Its got all the hallmarks of drama queen activity
:laughing:

robroy:

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

Yes,that sums it up.In times gone by we look with awe at those brave warriors who fought the good fight,they stood their ground for what they believed in.They didnt flinch as the put stickers over the cameras,they glued them,one even poured a whole pot of aftershave in the lense.Not like us cowards that just accepted them.Oh well.I guess Im a coward then.But Im a coward who still has a job! No point damaging company property and then ending up on the dole queue

Sploom:

robroy:

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

Yes,that sums it up.In times gone by we look with awe at those brave warriors who fought the good fight,they stood their ground for what they believed in.They didnt flinch as the put stickers over the cameras,they glued them,one even poured a whole pot of aftershave in the lense.Not like us cowards that just accepted them.Oh well.I guess Im a coward then.But Im a coward who still has a job! No point damaging company property and then ending up on the dole queue

Ya, You clearly are company property. Literally, a Plantation-Slave.

All Hail le Supreme virtue of the Commanded Plantation-Slave Economies in Earth’s six Eye nations:

Britain, America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Israel…

where thou art Freeeee…

to take le risks Gov dictates doth enrich Itself satisfactorily…

at your expense.

So,I guess you’re a free spirit then,never had to have anyone tell you what to di,unlike the rest of us suckers…

I see they are Deleting replies they don’t agree with but are valid! That shows the contempt office berks have for real workers.

frankspencer:

robroy:

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

Open your mind/eyes, don’t readily believe what they tell you, always look for that obligatory hidden agenda…I’ll guarantee it’ll always be there, then you will know. :bulb:

So work it out for yourself. :neutral_face:

i work for DHL…and at our depot we will NOT be getting driver facing camera’s…our manager has assured us. camera’s everywhere else but no problem with that. my opinion is…i wouldn’t drive a lorry that had DFC’s…

Not my cup of tea.
Currently in a job i like without driver-facing cameras.
If they came in (which i doubt) i wouldn’t be consenting (absent a suitable pay rise).
I’d cover it if it came to that and/or go elsewhere for work.

Can anyone give me one genuine benefit for the driver?
None of this “ it will prove you were doing nothing wrong “ nonsense either.
I can genuinely say if my boss told me I was getting one in my cab I would hand my notice in on the spot-however I work for a guy that actually trusts me , and respects me enough to know that a poxy camera would not be acceptable.

andrew.s:

Wider pool of available jobs.

Absolutely ^^^ and so much better if you provide your own lube too.

stu675:

andrew.s:

Wider pool of available jobs.

Ahahahaha-is that all you’ve got?
I certainly wouldn’t want to work with the kind of people that think a driver facing camera is acceptable.

Sploom:

robroy:

Sarah from AJ:

@O/P…

Alternatively you could have all stuck together and said no we’re not having it, and if they carried on with the camera idea you could have actually got another job at a company that doesn’t treat you like some sort of ■■■■■
Why would anyone end in a “dole queue”■■