Thought I'd best put this in here too - T&D winter question!

I’ve posted this request for contributions towards a T&D article in the main forum already, but it suddenly struck me you guys in here mightn’t see it and you’ll more than likely have some good stuff to contibute, so here’s your own copy for in here! :grimacing:

Afternoon all. Hope those who intended to get home Friday did, and those who wanted to work Saturday aren’t getting too shafted! For those of you who are in several groups/forums online, yes, you may have seen this before somewhere - I’m putting it as many places as possible as I’d like this to be a really driver-packed article please, no-one gives a ■■■■ what people what I think, it’s about you guys! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sometimes, just sometimes, a feature falls at just the right time. This is one of those features…I need you to answer the following question:

“What did you learn this winter?”

It can be absolutely anything at all, from serious lessons learnt in snow, ice and wind, through how to fish socks out of your night heater air intake at 2am, via good ways to stop your gloves turning into dishrags strapping down in the ■■■■■■■ rain, to what you need to make sure the gaffer gets fixed BEFORE the cold sets in next year. Anything and everything, I want the lot, good, bad and downright fugly!!!

Cheers all! :grimacing:

Don’t trust an automatic gearbox

Don’t trust the office to not send you somewhere that is downright stupid for a load that isn’t important

Don’t trust the office to try an cajole you into running with a brake fault ‘as long as its on your walk round check’

Don’t trust the office

when on a muckhaul in -30c when reversing down a ramp to tip make sure a cat dozer is behind you to stop you keep sliding over, if the load sticks DONT let a hoe driver try to clean the body and most importantly wait till you get to a heated portajohn not try a spreadaxle as it takes all day to get things warmed up again. :blush:

Nice one lads - although I’m guessing using terms like “spreadaxle” you’re no newbie Jimbo! Imagine what it’s like for the girls… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

Come on you others, you must’ve picked up something new since last November, even if it’s just that it’s better to wait and do your lessons/test in good weather! :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Lucy:
… you’re no newbie Jimbo! …

Jimbo has got a new truck, then he skidded on the index page and ended up here from the Ex-Pats. :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: :blush: posted on wrong page ahh :laughing: well :smiley:

:blush: :blush: posted on wrong page ahh :laughing: well :smiley: aye dave new lifestyle on the “wee” non bendys lots to remember /learn again working on muckhauls in winter different from the chipping in summer lark.

Never assume people wont steal diesel at temperatures below -7 degrees, my colleagues lorry at work was done in the extreme temperatures, boss transferred 200 to his card just made the nearest garage !!!. :neutral_face:

JIMBO47:
:oops: :blush: posted on wrong page ahh :laughing: well :smiley:

It’s no problem Jimbo, it’s given folks a chance to see your new truck. :smiley:

dave_890:
Never assume people wont steal diesel at temperatures below -7 degrees, my colleagues lorry at work was done in the extreme temperatures, boss transferred 200 to his card just made the nearest garage !!!. :neutral_face:

Wow! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Take the week off ( living room decorated instead )

Wear latex gloves keeps hands warm & dry under work gloves

Thermal socks keeps feet dry ( mine are never warm even with these on )

dieseldave:

JIMBO47:
:oops: :blush: posted on wrong page ahh :laughing: well :smiley:

It’s no problem Jimbo, it’s given folks a chance to see your new truck. :smiley:

NEW TRUCK LOL there are folk on the forum younger than the motors i drive :smiley: