Those Damn Clocks

Remember the clocks go forward tonight so in most cases tacho’s will need changing when you get back into work, unless you have one of the newer style ones that will do it for you. If you happen to be doing a night shift tonight make the change after the shift and not during it.

The other thing that needs changing is the time on your TruckNet profiles to GMT+1, or whatever the time is for where you live. If you don’t the times on the posts will be even further out than normal and you will complain, then we have to point out you at least need to meet us halfway by setting the correct profile time etc.,etc., … it’s just work for everyone. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wahey my watch is gonna tell the right time at last (the winder snapped of ages ago) it gets mighty confusing after a beer or seven :blush: :smiley: :smiley:

simon

Which button do I press on my Hour Guard?

And when I press it, will it stay changed till next year?

In Daily Rest mode scroll through settings using the Search/Info button until Day appears, then press Compen/Info once and 1 hour will be added to the time, provided you set it up correctly when you got it. The time will stay adjusted. On the last Sunday in October you will need to repeat the procedure to remove one hour when we go back to GMT.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. I won’t be back in a truck till Wednesday. :laughing: :laughing: Better check though I doubt I’ll be the first to use it.

why oh why dont they just ditch the daylight saving crap? every year, millions of people forget to change their clocks and miss all their favourite programs on a sunday morning :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or worse… turn up to work an hour early cries

Dapper Scavenger:
or worse… turn up to work an hour early cries

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Been there, done that :blush: :blush: , and it was an early start, but I couldn’t start work till the rest of the team arrived so had to hang about on a cold and frosty Sunday morning :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .
That was quite a few years go, I learned that lesson and haven’t repeated it, yet.

thanks for that coffeeholic,
I’ll try and remember when Oct comes around :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
In Daily Rest mode scroll through settings using the Search/Info button until Day appears, then press Compen/Info once and 1 hour will be added to the time, provided you set it up correctly when you got it. The time will stay adjusted. On the last Sunday in October you will need to repeat the procedure to remove one hour when we go back to GMT.

talking of adjusting the time on the hourguard, is there anyway of adjusting time (the 5 - 10 minutes that mines out of sync) other than pulling the batteries?

peirre:
talking of adjusting the time on the hourguard, is there anyway of adjusting time (the 5 - 10 minutes that mines out of sync) other than pulling the batteries?

Nope Sorry the only way is to pull the 4 batteries out :frowning:

There will be a new one out in July / august though, where we are hoping to add a feature to allow the adjustment of the time, but normally it is quite accurate.

As for existing users wanting to upgrade to the new timer costing £69.99 we will be offering a £30 discount for part exchanging your current Hour Guard, full info on the new timer can be found in the Hour Guard Forum on this site :wink: :wink: