shirtbox2003:
Any info?. :slight_smile:

Still going, Regards Larry.

Thompsons Demolition (1).JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:

shirtbox2003:
Any info?. :slight_smile:

Still going, Regards Larry.

Their Classic Austin ar Corbridge Show, Regards Larry.

About 100 vehicles, eight wheel and artic tippers plus low loaders and more plant than you could shake a stick at. Lines of business mostly site clearance, demolition and quarrying and agricultural lime supply and spreading. There was also a dairy farm.
There was a book published about the company and family but not sure if it is still in print.
Was originally started by the old father, the two sons joined as they came of age, the old man died in his eighties and then one of the sons (John) died suddenly when he was in his fifties. His brother Billy and his family run the business now.
They used to be based on the main road in Prudhoe where they also had a filling station and Ford car dealership. They now have a large yard on the ind. est at the other end of the town.
When they obtained the quarry in Co. Durham the council wouldn’t let them blast so they got a new D8 with the biggest ripper blade I have seen and dug the stone out.
The fleet is predominately Volvo with the odd MAN and Scania.
Cheers Tyneside

They also have a Lime Store at Jedburgh, & IIRC The have a one at Cousland Nr Dalkieth Formerly Bain Bros , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
They also have a Lime Store at Jedburgh, & IIRC The have a one at Cousland Nr Dalkieth Formerly Bain Bros , Regards Larry.

Also a sand & gravel quarry at Styford Nr Corbridge, Regards Larry.

Thanks guys,any truck pics? :slight_smile:

shirtbox2003:
Thanks guys,any truck pics? :slight_smile:

I have some but I cant remember where I put them, But I will have a hunt for them & post them, Regards Larry.