Thompson Tipper Bodies

Are Thompsons now based in Ireland? Searched for their website and it goes to “Thompsons of Carlew” instead of the website that resembles Charltons bodyworks… The Irish site mentions the Loadmaster/Loadmaster Lite but no mention of the alloy version, the “Sandmaster.”
Boss said he couldn’t find the usual website either, just one for Thompson parts ordering.

Would hazard s guess “Thompson of Carlow” are based in the Dennisons trailer factory there!!

In my humble opinion the alloy sandmaster body is neither one thing or the other, being to heavey for alloy and not versatile as in steel. Boweld light weight steel all day.

Tarmac duck:
In my humble opinion the alloy sandmaster body is neither one thing or the other, being to heavey for alloy and not versatile as in steel. Boweld light weight steel all day.

Maybe the owners haven’t spent enough on painting but some newish Bowelds around here are looking very tatty in comparison to Thompsons of similar age.
Thompson website is strange, it used to be identical to the Charlton one. If the Irish firm is s the same company, they’ve slimmed the product range down, no sandmaster or (I think it was called) the grabmaster.

Thompsons (UK) Ltd
Tel: 01689 843016
Rutland Works, Vulcan Way, New Addington, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 0DE

A WARD:
Thompsons (UK) Ltd
Tel: 01689 843016
Rutland Works, Vulcan Way, New Addington, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 0DE

Thanks for that, that was the address we had. Just wondered what had happened to their website…
I do think if you move stuff by the load, Thompsons are hard to beat it’s just they’re a bit heavy if you’re payload orientated. Unless you doctor your tare weights of course.

They have two large sites at Blackburn.

Charlton is part of the Thompson group

charltonbodies.co.uk/contact/

Where are we?

Charlton Bodies Ltd.
Menzies Road,
Dover Port Zone
Whitfield,
Dover
Kent
CT16 2HQ
map

Tel:
01304 828680
Fax:
01304 824061
Charlton Bodies Ltd is part of the market-leading Thompsons Group

There is a link on their contact page : thompsonsuk.com/ but this link states that the domain name has been registered with Easyspace, but doesnt actually take you anywhere…
Similarly, there is a link to thompsonsUK on the thompson.ie website - I think someone has forgotten to pay their domain name renewal fees :slight_smile: