This will make you laugh, Nimby story, mud on the road

The Wiltshire Times ran a story about tipper lorries making a mess and leaving mud on the road at a new housing estate at Castle Mead Trowbridge .
Resident Tim Linington who lives on the estate is very angry about the mud on the road and is upset about the prospect of children being in an accident due to a school nearby.
He has the time to count ten lorry movements per day and wants a truck ban.
In my opinion the building site should install mobile wash grids, or a pressure washer to clean off stones and dirt before they leave but this is not happening.
A brush lorry goes around the roads twice a day and Nimbies are not happy because it holds them up at commuter rush hour times and leaves the road in a worse state .
Think of the children, do kids still play in a building site and play in the middle of the road, no they don’t.
If kids are walking on the pavement , how would a car build up enough speed to run them over if it is on a housing estate ?
He chose to move in when he knew it was a construction site that is NOT finished .
Does he not know lorries supplying raw materials built his new house.
The tipper drivers are not at fault, they are earning money to feed their family .
Most quarries and building sites have facilities to wash the mud off wheels but not this site .
Welcome to the UK, Nimby capital of the world, nasty lorry making my life hell .
Does he moan about farmers mud on the road, church bells waking him up and aircraft noise but takes a holiday on a plane .
Next will be an ASBO on the cockerel early morning wake up calls .

Yes, I’m ■■■■■■■ myself laughing…

nope not laughing here

He’s got a valid point. We have a tipper yard near us and there’s always mud on the road. The sweeper trucks make sod all difference apart from spreading clumps of mud across the whole of the road.
It really wouldn’t be that difficult to get a mobile wheel wash installed.
Maybe if the developers weren’t in such a rush to get people in the houses in the first place there wouldn’t be this problem.

Why would it make anyone laugh?
The mud is a danger to other road users especially the likes of motorcycles etc and of course children.
The person has a very valid point and the site should have a wheel wash for lorries leaving the site. Any driver that leaves that site spreading mud everywhere is leaving there selves wide open to prosecution and even jail in extreme circumstances.

The problem with housing developments are that they always start on the front houses first, then work to the back so whoever buys the completed houses, gets mud dragged past them.
Many sites aren’t big enough to take wheel washes, instead they opt for some dumb ■■■ who will wash your tyres in the lowest part of the site, so you drag the slurry out as you drive off.
A small developer who I’ve done loads of work for sorted out the nextdoor NIMBY; He bought half his garden and is building 3 flats, a 4 bed house and garages on it.

Yeah, pain in the arse when there’s mud all over the road. Nowt the drivers can do about it without a grid, so why doesn’t the bloke get on to the coppers about it. Cost cutting gits.

albion1971:
The mud is a danger to other road users especially the likes of motorcycles etc and of course children.
The person has a very valid point and the site should have a wheel wash for lorries leaving the site. Any driver that leaves that site spreading mud everywhere is leaving there selves wide open to prosecution and even jail in extreme circumstances.

I was taught in my driving test that the only person at fault would be the car or motorbike driver.

I think it had something to do with using your eyes,common sense and driving to the conditions.

I hate people like this, there the same people who buy a house next to a race circuit and complain about noise and traffic.

Concretejim:

albion1971:

I was taught in my driving test that the only person at fault would be the car or motorbike driver.

I think it had something to do with using your eyes,common sense and driving to the conditions.

I hate people like this, there the same people who buy a house next to a race circuit and complain about noise and traffic.

Nearly as bad as the Queen having Windsor Castle built under Heathrows flight path and then moaning about the noise?

I’m with the poster all the way, these Nimby’s are a flaming pain in the arm pit :unamused:

Years ago, I was out based from the firm I worked for, or more truthfully, they let Me take My truck home(at the weekend) as I had arranged parking for it, this was at a local farm, it cost me the huge expense of a bottle of Whiskey to the Farm Foreman at Christmas, and a pint if I saw him in the local anytime :wink: Life was a lot simpler then :smiley:

One day a knock on the door, it was a neighbour with a clip board, I thought whats a foot here. The long and short was, that the farm had applied to put up more poultry sheds, and some of the Incomers(residents) weren’t happy. I just said its a farm what do you expect them to do, and refused to sign the petition against these proposals :unamused:

Concretejim:

albion1971:

I think you need to get your facts straight.
It is illegal to deposit mud on the road and those that do so leave themselves open to a range of offences.

I hope nobody you know comes round a bend on a country road and is involved in a serious accident because of mud on the road. Check out some of these accidents before making silly comments.
Nothing to do with what they were taught on their test by the way.
I hate ignorance and arrogance and most that leave mud on the road are just that.

think I would need some pictures to make a judgement, it is possible to have a mud-on-the-road situation that is beyond the pale, likewise some people seem very intolerant and complain about very little. We all seem to have different tolerance levels and from my experience only mine is always well balanced and beyond reproach. :confused:

You won’t see Mud on the road again unfortunately.
There might be a couple of tribute bands though… :laughing:

axletramp:

That’s right.

That’s right, That’s right. That’s right. :smiley:

robroy:

axletramp:

That’s right.

LOL :smiley:

Hate tribute bands but hate to admit saw the real thing years ago. Dragged along by one of my girl friends from school days.
Saw The Who about the same time. Now that was a concert!

Bluey Circles:

robroy:

axletramp:

That’s right.

LOL :smiley:

That’s neat, that’s neat, that’s neat etc. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

albion1971:

Concretejim:

albion1971:

I think you need to get your facts straight.
It is illegal to deposit mud on the road and those that do so leave themselves open to a range of offences.

I hope nobody you know comes round a bend on a country road and is involved in a serious accident because of mud on the road. Check out some of these accidents before making silly comments.
Nothing to do with what they were taught on their test by the way.
I hate ignorance and arrogance and most that leave mud on the road are just that.

I was born in the contryside, as were my family. Lets just say were used to there being a little bit of mud on the road from time to time. I dont see wheel washes being at every gate to a farm. Hence the “mud on road” signs.

Jesus a little bit of mud next to a building site/farm is normal.

It wasnt a silly comment, whose fault is it when a torrential rain storm hits and people still fly around at full pelt and cause a accident? Gods?

As for ignorance and arrogance, id just call it life.

robroy:

axletramp:

That’s right.

Cheers lads. I have the tiger feet song stuck in my head now! :angry:

The-Snowman:

robroy:

axletramp:

That’s right.

Cheers lads. I have the tiger feet song stuck in my head now! :angry:

I bet you are stood in front of the mirror, thumbs in belt, doing the dance :laughing: