This takes me back

when i used to go with my old fella ,
The noise, the heat of the engine tunnel, the dust ,coiled ropes lying in the footwell and the smell of diesel always present.
Just listen to that engine sing , this bloke can drive it too.
I learnt on the old rl bedfords and knockers in the army, but those old atkinsons had sound and look all of thier own. Truly classic british trucking.
Enjoy.
youtube.com/watch?v=8hKKzOHRTPY

Used to have one myself as an owner driver early 80s, same spec with no PAS. In those days you actually needed skills to drive a truck, different as chalk and cheese to driving a car, where as today you could basically teach a chimp to drive one,… as proved on here quite regularly by some of the comments :wink: :smiley:

You need to get over here and drive one of the dinosaurs we have here matey, crash boxes and old style dashboards with lots of old dials and switches, they haven’t even invented self cancelling indicators here yet (Except in newer Volvos, we have the Swedes to thank for that). No such thng as air lift axles either, they go down but not up to lift the landing legs, no night heaters either :laughing:

Remember asking the old man years back why he had such big arm muscles.
“Tramping and sheeting all week down south with a Leyland Beaver” was his reply.

Who was I to argue… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

me and my sister used to go with dad in his Atkinson years ago…i can still hear the sound of the engine lol! not allowed to take my kids with me these days :frowning: