This symbol anyone?

This symbol next to daily drive time came up on Saturday afternoon. I had been on break for 3.5 hours before if that has any relevance.
Apologises for the poor photo

is it one of these?

It means you had a 3hour break so crack on no reduced rest

Jack-knife:

It was on the truck computer not on the tachograph.

I wondered if that was the case, but in that case why doesn’t that symbol show right up to 8.59 hours break ?

OwenMoney:

Jack-knife:

I wondered if that was the case, but in that case why doesn’t that symbol show right up to 8.59 hours break ?

Not 100% sure, but I’d imagine that the truck computer takes its information directly from the tachograph.

It indicates split daily rest nothing to do with driving time

the maoster:

OwenMoney:

Jack-knife:

Not 100% sure, but I’d imagine that the truck computer takes its information directly from the tachograph.

Certainly - or else we are all out of fingers -

I had done 3 x 9 hour breaks and maxed the 15 hour spread in the time before and then had to wait for a loading slot for 3.5 hours

Jack-knife:

Then at what point isn’t it a reduced break ? 7.59 hours ?

You can do another 15hour day if you so wish because you’ve had a continuous 3 hour rest
Do 15 all week if you have a 3 hour rest in day
Split daily rest
But no ones daft enough to do that or are they?

OwenMoney:

Jack-knife:

Then at what point isn’t it a reduced break ? 7.59 hours ?

If you have a 3hr uninterrupted rest during the day, then you can take a 9hr rest and it will count as a full daily rest, not a reduced daily rest.

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours
“Alternatively, a driver can split a regular daily rest period into two periods. The first period must be at least 3 hours of uninterrupted rest and can be taken at any time during the day. The second must be at least 9 hours of uninterrupted rest, giving a total minimum rest of 12 hours.”

(So, since you have had a 3hr rest you can do another 15 spread…)
Is that what you`re asking?

Not really.
If this symbol appeared after a 3.5 hour rest, to show a split break, why doesn’t it then continue to show right up to 7.59 hours or 8.59 ?
I haven’t seen this before so maybe I need to be in a restaurant for a longer lunch !
Hence my question.

OwenMoney:
Not really.
If this symbol appeared after a 3.5 hour rest, to show a split break, why doesn’t it then continue to show right up to 7.59 hours or 8.59 ?
I haven’t seen this before so maybe I need to be in a restaurant for a longer lunch !
Hence my question.

A longer lunch might stop you wondering about it.

A long lunch

OwenMoney:
A long lunch

So, was your 3 hr break spent wandering the bodegas? Time well spent it appears.
Never seen that Blanc De Blanc around though? I know Dauphins are Tulette based but do they do that fizz there?

Bought in Noz - 1.99 euro and buy 3 get 1 free ! - £5.99 each in Waitrose apparently.

The three hours were spent waiting to get into the refinery and watching Grimsby lose .

( edited for sunday afternoon spellin’)

OwenMoney:
Bought in Noz - 1.99 euro and buy 3 get 1 free ! - £5.99 each in Waitrose apparently.

The three hours were spent waiting to get into the refinery and watching Grimsby loose .

I LOVE that shop :exclamation: :exclamation:

Me and the wife buy loads of stuff in there.
She gets all sorts of things for the garden and food stuffs too, and little objects that she uses for her auto-entrepreneur business,

And me ? WINE, WINE and yes you got it, MORE WINE. Plus the odd bottle of cider and spirits if they have in stock. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I reckon I’ve got the biggest wine reserve in Vire :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14 - Just for you - In my local Noz today - 30 euros- only 8 left-Terres de Berne Rose 3 lts

Away, Noz , we used to call it the ■■■■ shop when we lived in France, but you found some bargains there.
Sapper