This should be saved

ebay.co.uk/itm/1963-foden-4x … 500wt_1413

So what’s the story with these Foden’s, with what is an Atkinson cab, I can remember seeing some as a kid?

This, must be a one off, of a Foden ? S 20 With S 80 doors & what appears to be an S80 grille I wonder what engine it has in, Regards Larry

Greetings,All. The Foden looks like an Esso refuelling unit used on airports.I think they were modified for the job and didn’t run on public roads (unless on Trade Plates)I was going by the Fleet number on the front. Regards,900x20. :slight_smile:

Yes you are right Esso Refueling Motor, Only 50 were produced, with a Leyland 680 engine, Regards Larry.

I did a S41 Esso aircraft refueler a few years ago everything on those are heavy duty low speed diffs low range only 80 ton rear springs 1300x20 tyres hard work to change over but worth it when there done

Nothing to do with Atkinson, but the S20 cab with the sometimes fitted extended rad, mainly used for the bigger engines and originally used for the Gardner 8LW it also came into use with the later ■■■■■■■ powered models. The trim on the front panel would normally extend around the doors but in this case it is excluded probably because of the window in the door, extra windows were a feature of fuel tankers especially for airplane fuel so as much view as possible was given to the drivers to avoid knocking lumps out of planes! This type of cab and rad was also seen on export heavy models. You would think that one would get snapped up. Franky.