this ok ?

A bit blurry but i wonder if anyone can see what’s wrong ? the driver who dropped this trailer didn’t.

All the yellow wheel nut indicators are missing.

He’s driven over someone/something?

It’s on wrong way that’s why some of the nuts are not done up properly

poor colour coding, what philistine put a green valve cap on a silver and red wheel.

Hub cap appears to be missing and…

Flinging grease everywhere. Is there a missing wheel nut at 12 o’clock?

I’d be throwing it back.

take a one day photography course please

yourhavingalarf:
Hub cap appears to be missing and…

Flinging grease everywhere. Is there a missing wheel nut at 12 o’clock?

I’d be throwing it back.

Yes, hub cap gone, lying beside the road somewhere. I took photo in the dark and the grease looks a bit reddish. Mechanic coming to put another one on and my firm says it’ll be ok to drive it 100 miles back to the yard and i have faith in them ha ha !!!

take a one day photography course please

its only the grease cover thats missing…a quick wash,and a rub with some solvo autosol and itl be gleaming again…the worst that can happen is that the hub collapses and the wheel will come off…surely a no big deal there?? :unamused:

if it is what I think I’m looking at then the missing cover is not to stop grease getting out but to stop water and road gunge getting in and wrecking the bearing, you could probably get a few years like that (esp if vosa stopped you :smiley: ) - you could protect it a little more by caking it in thick grease from the fifth wheel until you got another cover.

Use a plastic bag and elastic band to bodge a cover and get you home.

Wheel nut not done up @ 4 O’clock, wheel on wrong way around. Wrong size torque wrench attachment used to do nuts up, looking at damage to some of the nuts, esp. the one at 11 o’clock, which on a second look - could be completely missing, with just the bolt shaft damaged and see straight down to the round base…

The wheel rim looks cracked, between the wheel nut and ventilation hole, at 1 o’clock. Given the camera shake that may be rust/crud.

Wiretwister:
The wheel rim looks cracked, between the wheel nut and ventilation hole, at 1 o’clock. Given the camera shake that may be rust/crud.

Given the camera shake I`m surprised you can recognise it as a wheel !

Dirty Slack Nuts and a Filthy Black Ring…

Coincidentally thats also a film im working on… :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Dirty Slack Nuts and a Filthy Black Ring…

Coincidentally thats also a film im working on… :wink:

Was a lot of lube spread around in that production too?